• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian McCaffrey vs Shaq Thompson - 1 on 1

Jeremy Igo

I still want to see how he plays in a full contact game where players on D aren't holding anything back. Hell we may have to wait until game 1 against the 49ers for that. Its reassuring that his speed and elusiveness seem to be already translating against NFL players , but I want to see how he does when there's a stacked box and/or not much space to maneuever, and if he can run through arm tackles and push for extra yards in some situations. 

I already said a million times, but he's way too good at WR for the Panthers not to be giving him quite a bit of time in the slot and some at WR too to go along with his RB duties, especially now considering Samuel's health is looking pretty dubious 

12 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yep, today he dropped on in warmups and one in team drills. I believe those were his first. He appeared displeased with himself after. 

Speaking of which, I read that he stayed and spent some quality time with the jugs machine after practice. Is Samuel doing that since he can't practice? He needs it more than CMC, IMO.

1 hour ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Good grief. Him and Samuel are going to be a NIGHTMARE for the rest of the NFC South, assuming Samuel gets himself back on the field pretty soon.

I read a stat yesterday on twitter (thus take with a grain of salt), but supposedly our NFC South rivals were trash last year defending against RBs as receivers:

I may try to look at this data more closely, but for now, it's an encouraging thought that CMC may be a particular thorn in the side of our division rivals.

21 minutes ago, ACobra289 said:

For those at camp, has CMC dropped a pass yet?

Dropped 1 today.  I believe that's his only drop, but not sure.  

*I'm not at Camp, but I've read every tweet I can find from those who are there.

40 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Dropped 1 today.  I believe that's his only drop, but not sure.  

*I'm not at Camp, but I've read every tweet I can find from those who are there.

And to further go on that topic, that drop pissed him off. He sat at the ball machine and kept working on catching the ball for a long while afterwards.

So yeah. Safe to say he may be our most reliable receiver.

Archived