• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CAP coming on strong.

Jeremy Igo

50 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I like the effort he's putting in and, personal bias aside, I'd prefer the RB that can give you a hard yard or two between the tackles when needed but, considering Rivera and Shula's man-love for Fozzy, I'll believe it when I see it.

The one thing that concerned me today about CAP was that he reportedly got stuffed for a TFL on the 1 yard line in red zone drills.  I seem to recall that happening before.  I'm just not sure he can punch it in when we need him to....

50 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

The one thing that concerned me today about CAP was that he reportedly got stuffed for a TFL on the 1 yard line in red zone drills.  I seem to recall that happening before.  I'm just not sure he can punch it in when we need him to....

I seem to remember that being a common occurrence for any RB whose number has been called lately.  Seems like over the last 6 years, the only dependable short-yardage back we've had has been Cam.

10 hours ago, Chief Keek said:

CAP was making noise before when he got the opportunity, he just had some bad fumbles. Also, Rivera preferred Tolbert over CAP for whatever reason.

I looked at 3 sources. He's had one fumble.

1 minute ago, csx said:

I looked at 3 sources. He's had one fumble.

I truly believe the primary dislike for CAP by many Carolina fans is based in myth.  Now they truly believe those myths, but myths they are.

Like the myth of "all his fumbles" (he has one).

Like the myth that he's always stopped at the line (he averages 4 yards per carry).

Like the myth that he can't catch (he has a 100% catch rate of the very few passes (6) that have been thrown to him and a higher yards per reception (11.5 y/r) on those passes than (*ahem*) Fozzy Whitaker (78% catch rate with 8.3 y/r at Carolina)).

Now would CAP improve on Whittaker's numbers if he got the same opportunities?  No way to tell since he hasn't been given the chance.  But in the very few opportunities that he's been given, I really don't see the logic in complaining about what he's done as a 5th round draft choice.

10 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I truly believe the primary dislike for CAP by many Carolina fans is based in myth.  Now they truly believe those myths, but myths they are.

Like the myth of "all his fumbles" (he has one).

Like the myth that he's always stopped at the line (he averages 4 yards per carry).

Like the myth that he can't catch (he has a 100% catch rate of the very few passes (6) that have been thrown to him and a higher yards per reception (11.5 y/r) on those passes than (*ahem*) Fozzy Whitaker (78% catch rate with 8.3 y/r at Carolina)).

Now would CAP improve on Whittaker's numbers if he got the same opportunities?  No way to tell since he hasn't been given the chance.  But in the very few opportunities that he's been given, I really don't see the logic in complaining about what he's done as a 5th round draft choice.

On this forum things get said and repeated and become fact despite the fact that the facts are easy to find. By nature and likely due to the work I've done I don't believe much of anything i read or hear until I can cinfirm it. 

It can be frustrating or entertaining depending on mood how much bad information is spread.

Archived