• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CAP coming on strong.

Jeremy Igo

I never understood a lot of the CAP hate or lack of opportunities to begin with...but also never paid attention to his blocking or some of the intricacies of the position.  Running behind such an inconsistent and sometimes bad OL, I thought he did well with his PT.  

Again and forever, with Stew's almost guaranteed annual injury, gotta have somebody to replace him.  If they're moving CMC everywhere...Fozzy ain't exactly a lead RB. If/when Stew goes down, do you make CMC your #1 and take away some of his other abilities?  Or do you keep his role intact, and insert a guy like CAP to Stew's role? Fozzy hasn't gotten a ton of opportunities either, but I also think we've seen his potential reached.  But again, if this offense is "truly" evolving...Fozzy potentially makes more sense than CAP in that role. My head hurts. 

To what extent is CAP playing on ST? 

Fozzy was in with the 1s on ST today, so I'd guess he still has the edge over CAP. 

Curious as to how they're both being used in ST and on returns.  That may well make the difference.

In any case, it's good news that CAP is showing up.  Better the problem of too much depth (as long as Hurney doesn't do something stupid), than have too little.  Having 4 good RBs (2 stars and 2 solid depth) is a good problem to have for the time being,

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Word on the street is CAP is making quite an impression. Might be some difficult decisions ahead.

I like the effort he's putting in and, personal bias aside, I'd prefer the RB that can give you a hard yard or two between the tackles when needed but, considering Rivera and Shula's man-love for Fozzy, I'll believe it when I see it.

Archived