• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers Training Camp Day 4 Open Thread

Jeremy Igo

11 hours ago, Saca312 said:

How was seeing Shepard in real time? And any other nuggets of value?

He had one very Ginn-like drop. But I won't be too harsh. Even Jerry Rice dropped passes. The fact is that when the QBs decided to actually make good throws to Shepard yesterday, he was consistently open and consistently made 1st down catches. I'm not sure what else anyone could ask for. My untrained eyes also noticed that in many situations he would have got some serious YAC. 

As for other players...

- Funchess is really impressing me. He was also consistently open and/or boxing out defenders and then making the catch. Needs to keep it up, but I like the direction he's heading.

- KB is noticeably struggling with his mother's passing. He had a few more bad drops yesterday. Then again, he also had some plays only our lovable KB can make. I think he'll be fine. We should all be patient with him.

- Bradberry has taken the opportunity of KB's struggling to shine. Every time I see them matched up, it's a contested pass and if Bradberry can do that to KB, he just might be able to do it to Julio Jones.

- CMC is just as impressive in real life as he is in online videos. The kids feet never quit moving and he is so quick and fluid. He's gonna make our defense really fugging good, and he's gonna be a nightmare for our opponents. I look forward to full contact practices to see how he will do when the defense can really hit him. Methinks a lot of them will bounce off lol

- Cam is making some spectacular throws for a guy coming off shoulder surgery and trying to ease back in. As Igo posted last night, Cam is definitely throwing receivers open. And using check downs when necessary. His mental game was alittle rusty, not being able to pick up on reads and such. That's what caused his picks yesterday, but Cam has that problem every year the first week of camp and he always gets it worked out by the regular season. Not worried. I'm just glad he isn't struggling with power or touch on his passes. And those roll-outs we saw yesterday are really gonna help our offense. Add that to our already hard to defend option running game and to talents like Samuel, CMC, and Shepard and our offense is gonna be nearly impossible to predict.

- the biggest thing I see is focused energy. They guys are having fun, but not too much. They are relaxed, but not lazy. They are energetic. They seem to have mojo again this year. Haven't seen a lot of chippiness, but I know there already has been a scuffle a few days ago. I think they know they can win it all this year and they are laser focused on doing so. Gives me a lot of hope. I wouldn't call it swag yet. But I'm sure if we get off to a fast start, the swag will come quick. 

More to come today Saca! I'll be at camp again this morning.

32 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

Looking forward to your updates.  You should think of writing a full topic with your observations....  Great stuff.  Enjoy!

1 hour ago, UpstatePanther said:

He had one very Ginn-like drop. But I won't be too harsh. Even Jerry Rice dropped passes. The fact is that when the QBs decided to actually make good throws to Shepard yesterday, he was consistently open and consistently made 1st down catches. I'm not sure what else anyone could ask for. My untrained eyes also noticed that in many situations he would have got some serious YAC. 

As for other players...

- Funchess is really impressing me. He was also consistently open and/or boxing out defenders and then making the catch. Needs to keep it up, but I like the direction he's heading.

- KB is noticeably struggling with his mother's passing. He had a few more bad drops yesterday. Then again, he also had some plays only our lovable KB can make. I think he'll be fine. We should all be patient with him.

- Bradberry has taken the opportunity of KB's struggling to shine. Every time I see them matched up, it's a contested pass and if Bradberry can do that to KB, he just might be able to do it to Julio Jones.

- CMC is just as impressive in real life as he is in online videos. The kids feet never quit moving and he is so quick and fluid. He's gonna make our defense really fugging good, and he's gonna be a nightmare for our opponents. I look forward to full contact practices to see how he will do when the defense can really hit him. Methinks a lot of them will bounce off lol

- Cam is making some spectacular throws for a guy coming off shoulder surgery and trying to ease back in. As Igo posted last night, Cam is definitely throwing receivers open. And using check downs when necessary. His mental game was alittle rusty, not being able to pick up on reads and such. That's what caused his picks yesterday, but Cam has that problem every year the first week of camp and he always gets it worked out by the regular season. Not worried. I'm just glad he isn't struggling with power or touch on his passes. And those roll-outs we saw yesterday are really gonna help our offense. Add that to our already hard to defend option running game and to talents like Samuel, CMC, and Shepard and our offense is gonna be nearly impossible to predict.

- the biggest thing I see is focused energy. They guys are having fun, but not too much. They are relaxed, but not lazy. They are energetic. They seem to have mojo again this year. Haven't seen a lot of chippiness, but I know there already has been a scuffle a few days ago. I think they know they can win it all this year and they are laser focused on doing so. Gives me a lot of hope. I wouldn't call it swag yet. But I'm sure if we get off to a fast start, the swag will come quick. 

Thanks for the write up.

Good stuff

1 hour ago, UpstatePanther said:

As for other players...

Nice. Let us know how it goes today

Archived