• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers Training Camp Day 4 Open Thread

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I know, we need a nickname for Cole Luke, especially since Luuuuke is always just referred to by his first name.  Agree Elder's injury jeopardizes his spot.  Cole Luke has shown up when it mattered so far.

Cole Hand Luke.

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Well, obviously I've watched the games, lol.  I'm not at camp.  I'm just saying from what I've seen, any significant separation he creates in games tends to be against zone.  Then in camp, even in the 1 on 1 drills, there is hardly any separation between him and the defender.  Yes, he's a bigger WR and is expected to use his body, but KB is very similar in that sense, but is able to create larger throwing windows.

That's not true. If it were, he'd have better career YAC than Funchess who has nearly a yard average over him (4 vs 3.1).

4 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Darryl williams seems like a bust. Might need to being in another RT. 

I wouldn't say that. I thought he played pretty well when he started at RT last year. I do think Moton will give him a run for his money though. He doesn't seem to be getting any reps at LT anyway.

12 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Who says it's Hurney's change? We had Amini playing tackle here in the past. More of a Rivera move than Hurney. And ultimately if he makes the roster I'm sure he'd serve us as depth at both the tackle and guard spots.

@Jeremy Igo suggested it was Hurney's idea, perhaps in jest, but who knows? It could have really been Hurney's idea to give him more reps.

23 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Also, I think Corn may have lost himself a roster spot to Cole Luke.  And I am going to have an extremely hard time not calling him Luke Cole the rest of the season.  Two first names, FTW...

Corn is likely a lock, even with it being DG's pick and him gone. Rivera has confidence in him. Sanchez on the other hand doesn't really stand a chance with Cole coming out of nowhere. Very possible Cole jumps Corn on the depth chart though to be #4 behind James, Daryl and Captain.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

@Jeremy Igo suggested it was Hurney's idea, perhaps in jest, but who knows? It could have really been Hurney's idea to give him more reps.

He and we can't really know and it seemed Jeremy's post was just because it was the first known position "change" since Hurney said he was considering them. But Amini had already had tackle snaps here so I don't think that this even really counts as a position change. And ultimately Rivera's the one who decides how to use the players on the roster, not Hurney. 

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

He and we can't really know and it seemed Jeremy's post was just because it was the first known position "change" since Hurney said he was considering them. But Amini had already had tackle snaps here so I don't think that this even really counts as a position change. And ultimately Rivera's the one who decides how to use the players on the roster, not Hurney. 

Well, Rivera's my guy, so I'm happy either way. Perhaps the idea that Silatolu was such a terrible pick will lose some steam.

9 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Corn is likely a lock, even with it being DG's pick and him gone. Rivera has confidence in him. Sanchez on the other hand doesn't really stand a chance with Cole coming out of nowhere. Very possible Cole jumps Corn on the depth chart though to be #4 behind James, Daryl and Captain.

I agree. At worst Elder may end up on IR, now that teams can bring two players back from it during the season.

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well, Rivera's my guy, so I'm happy either way. Perhaps the idea that Silatolu was such a terrible pick will lose some steam.

I've never thought he was a terrible pick. Seemed like a bit of a reach but so have many of DG's like Bradberry and Mayo who are clearly studs and great picks. Amini's career may have been much different if not for his injuries. Despite the good news now I still doubt he ever becomes a starter again. It would be a big plus if he could just be a solid #3/4 guy who's versatile enough to play all along the line. And honestly it's still possible he doesn't even make the roster this year. I mean in hindsight there's no way you can call it a good pick, but I'll agree to a degree that it wasn't such a terrible pick. Not like the Fua or Everette Brown picks.

And by the way dawg, I saw a post of yours ripping on Shep and just never replied so I figure I'll let you know here and now that Shep is my new WR mancrush (unless/until Samuel gets up to speed and healthy). He's already everything I was waiting for Philly to become and he still has room for growth. AND he's got the added bonus of being a ST demon, which Philly has never had. Look out for this kid and don't be surprised if he has a huge role this year and he thrives in it. Could be similar to 2015 with Shep in the Cotch role, Samuel in Ginn's role, Funchess hopefully better than he was as a rookie and KB being a huge upgrade over Philly. But ultimately none of that will matter if Cam keeps locking onto Greg and KB like last year and '14. I don't think he will though especially if Kalil and Williams/Moton can help solidify the line and with McC in the fold too.

Archived