• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When to be concerned about Curtis Samuel?

Jeremy Igo

I'm not necessarily concerned long-term, but for this season? Yeah, I'm already there. Everyone already knows that he's pretty raw in terms of the intricacies of playing WR and now he's missed a TON of preseason activity. It's going to be next to impossible to have him truly ready to go by week one. We'll have to work him into the offense as the season goes along. Which to be fair was probably the plan all along, but now that plan has probably been significantly delayed.

High hopes were placed upon him, and it sure sounded to me like the plan was to get him involved ASAP. I don't get the impression that he's as plug and play as CMC either. Missing rookie minicamp is one thing, but missing TC, especially a padded session, is something else.  You'd expect a high round guy to come into camp in top condition. Once may be random, and twice a coincidence, but if it happens again, that's a pattern, and you bet you should be concerned at that point. Having one Swiss Army knife is going to be great, but having two would be almost unprecedented. It's not about having another WR in the wings, it's having another guy who excels in multiple positions on the field...at the same time. Think about that.

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Smh man I wish the same old Hurney jokes would stop already.  Time to move on

It's still funny to me. I do not agree with Hurney being the GM by any stretch. Making jokes is better than complaining. No reason we can't have our fun. 

Archived