• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Russell Shepard Runs Sweet Route In Training Camp

Saca312

We don't need to sign any vet WR's unless we have a major injury. I have plenty of confidence in the group we have right now. KB, Funchess, and Shepard are still young up and coming players and we have some promising young guys like Samuel, Ross, and Duke who need all the reps they can get so they can develop.

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

I think Russell Shepard has a good chance of making it as our WR3.

Take a look at the following play from today's edition of training camp:

Shepard3.gif.f4ff5aa90c21f9516474bc159514c381.gif

Going man to man against Worley, watch Shepard drop his weight at the top of the route, and stagger fluidly to the catch point and continue on. Textbook example of dropping your weight at the top of the route. Any CB going against what Shepard just did would have trouble keeping up.

Shepard's been someone I've been harping on since March. His performance at training camp just gives evidence of what I've been preaching on this past off-season.

He has a chance to get some decent time this year. No doubt I'm rooting for the kid.

just for conversation purposes, what do you make of Worley's performance so far? i still believe in the kid but he has been beat in a few high profile situations

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He and Funchess have been the two best recievers. 

Benjamin is not having the camp he did in years past. No one is mentioning this yet, but they will . 

and nctarheel shudders... 

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He and Funchess have been the two best recievers. 

Benjamin is not having the camp he did in years past. No one is mentioning this yet, but they will . 

Yea he is hitting bust realm real quick. 

7 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Benjamin is a gamer much like Cam, I don't worry about Benji. When the lights come on so will he.

IMG_0045.JPG.3754d62886aee85d6e626ab650ab723f.JPG

Could sign for cheap and would be just that but a better version.

Since Shepard is performing so well , if he keeps it up the team wont feel the need to pick up a vet. But I would love that move makes too much sense. Shepard may be showing out well at camp but the jury is out on how he performs with alot of reps in the regular season. Keep in mind around this time last year, 99 percent of huddlers were slobbering over Funchess and predicting him to explode last season. 

Fun fact for this upcoming season, all of our WRs I believe will be 28 and under. Even though Cotchery is helping in a coaching role I think we could still use a clutch veteran

9 hours ago, cvlngnir said:

I know I will get roasted for this, but you just described Bersin to a tee.

Bersin actually has many of the skillsets to be a very good receiver.  The only problem is he's not very fast or particularly quick.  You might even say he's pedestrian.  IMO, that's the only thing that's kept him from being a top 3 or 4 receiver for us.  But the skills are why he's been on the team the last few years (despite the ludicrous JR conspiracy claims)

9 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Wonder if it has anything to do with his mom passing a few weeks ago

That would explain if there is any lack of focus.  And since he typically has good camps, I tend to think this is definitely affecting him.

Archived