• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton thoughts

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Very encouraged by what I saw from Cam yesterday. Mostly short passes, some intermediate, with plenty of zip on the ball. Actually looked a little tighter passes than towards the end of last season.

If you think about it, this is the best case scenerio.

This point as long as he is healthy mentally and physically and not throwing like a lame duck.

I'm good with it.

How did his shorter passes look?

He's always impressed deep and intermediate. I really don't have any concern with those post surgery still.
The way the offense is looking to "evolve" is the shorter passes. To the RBs, quick routes to the WRs etc. He's always struggled on those the most even before the surgery

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

On 7/27/2017 at 1:45 PM, uncfan888 said:

Conversate ain't a word bruh

Been used for 200 years, it's in Websters, its a word.

Definition of conversate

conversated

; 

conversating

nonstandard

1. intransitive verb
  2. :  converse 2a… the young women who battle over a guy and recount their “conversating” with him. — Barbara D. Phillips

NEW!

First Known Use: 1811

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conversate

5 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Been used for 200 years, it's in Websters, its a word.

Definition of conversate

conversated

; 

conversating

nonstandard

1. intransitive verb
  2. :  converse 2a… the young women who battle over a guy and recount their “conversating” with him. — Barbara D. Phillips

NEW!

First Known Use: 1811

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conversate

It was a joke 

I for one am extremely glad to hear the Cam is finally comfortably making short throws, regardless of coming off of shoulder surgery. I have never understood why a gifted, huge, athlete apparently either "couldn't" make those passes, or the contention that they just weren't his forte. I mean, how hard is it? Hang a tire on a rope, swing it, and start throwing, or get all high tech like we did as kids, and string up a clothes line between a couple of trees and have a guy tow the target back and forth. I'm pretty sure there's a modern equivalent of that available for an NFL MVP to use in order to improve a skill that wasn't his strong suit.

Of course, there's the argument that he hasn't really had a good slot guy, or sure handed receiver out of the backfield, and maybe there's some truth to that. I'm usually optimistic at the start of every year (exception: 2010), but this one is different, especially if Samuel can get his hamstring issues in order. Cam has weapons and options he hasn't had before, and it's going to be interesting to see how much he can take advantage of that, assuming Shula does his part. By mid season, I'd like to think the chemistry will gel, and the hope is that they'll click like Brady does with his receivers. Somewhere I read that he often throws the ball to a spot where he KNOWS the target will be, even if he can't see him. Even if KB and Funchess have some CB draped over their shoulders, he's still going to have Olsen plus up to two other pass catching options on the field who are going to give a DC nightmares if they're used properly. Now, do that no huddle for added fun. That's what I'd like to see some of this year, beginning with the very first play from scrimmage.

Archived