• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Kalil Concerns

Jeremy Igo

We'll see on Kalil, but let's not over blow the contract. It's big on the outside but we have an out from it if things don't go well. We have two young promising guys too. Let's just wait til we see some preseason games.

This! It actually is one of the better contracts. People just look at the 55 mil and freak out.
The way the market has jumped you are going to have to throq out $$$$ fpr a LT.
This also was the weakest OT draft class the last decade, so that drives the FA market higher as well since teams dont see getting that guy high in the draft. Plus the FA was weak as well (have seen people throw Clady's name, there's a reason why training camps have started and hes still sitting unsigned). Tthe top guys were going to get $$.

As far as #'s

Okung who graded out at the bottom if not worse than Remmers, he signed 4 years 53 mil.......25 Guaranteed

Remmers, 5 years 30 mil.......10.5 Guaranteed

Kalil 5 years 55 mil..........only 13 Guaranteed

Kalil sucks this year, we cut him and come out paying close to the same as the vikings pay Remmers. If he works out we get a steal for a franchise LT.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

It's early like others have pointed out, and he's facing a DE he hasn't scouted - but I share some of the same concerns based on his performance yesterday. At one point he was on his back, not sure what happened and Addison was on the ground too, but it's never a good sign when an o-lineman looks like a turtle flipped over on his shell. 

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Admit it after one practice on the first day of camp?

Well, just call me cynical. Like I said, Kalil isn't some seldom used receiver who has failed to get in the game, he is a very very shaky OT whose first year and history of injury is a convenient reason to have a wee bit of faith that his subsequent years are the abberation as opposed to the norm. We've really seen enough, but a glimmer of hope tells us that we haven't. 

Like I said, call me a cynic.

50 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well, just call me cynical. Like I said, Kalil isn't some seldom used receiver who has failed to get in the game, he is a very very shaky OT whose first year and history of injury is a convenient reason to have a wee bit of faith that his subsequent years are the abberation as opposed to the norm. We've really seen enough, but a glimmer of hope tells us that we haven't. 

Like I said, call me a cynic.

If this is how you're gonna judge, then given what we're hearing, Curtis Samuel is already a bust.

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

Just admit it guys. Gettleman's signing of Matt Kalil in many ways is worse than Hurney's extension of Delhomme. Both were major F-ups!

This is peak Huddle. Haven't played a real snap yet and it's already the worst signing in Panthers history. Jesus. 

8 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

This is peak Huddle. Haven't played a real snap yet and it's already the worst signing in Panthers history. Jesus. 

Nah. Call it PTSD from the continual not-so-merry-go-round of LTs with question marks over their heads like angels have halos.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If this is how you're gonna judge, then given what we're hearing, Curtis Samuel is already a bust.

Come on, Scot. I know you're better than that.

Curtis Samuel is a ROOKIE. 

I shouldn't have to say anything more about that logic.

Contract Notes:
  • $13M fully guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2017 salary)
  • 2018 Option Bonus: $10M (must be exercised by the 6th league day of 2018)
    If not exercised, the $10M converts to salary, and $11M 2018 salary fully guarantees
  • $7M 2019 salary fully guarantees on the 3rd league day of 2019
  • Annual Per Game Active Bonus: $37,500 ($600,000, 4 LTBE in 2017)
  • Pro Bowl: $400,000
  • $200,000 Annual De-escalator for skipping workouts
Contract Source: Aaron Wilson

Previous Contr

via spotrac

I wouldn't read too much into it yet, that seems pretty silly overall.

But it really bothers me that the posters who have been going around here flooding the place with tears about Gettleman's firing, and blaming our players for it, have nothing to say about the fact we've been desperate for an LT since Gross was cut 6 f*cking years ago. It's why we were almost forced to throw big bucks at Matt Kalil, and it's all on Gettleman. But we don't want to talk about that apparently.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Come on, Scot. I know you're better than that.

Curtis Samuel is a ROOKIE. 

I shouldn't have to say anything more about that logic.

There's no logic behind panicking over a single practice on the first day of camp, regardless of who the player is.

Archived