• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Kalil Concerns

Jeremy Igo

addison going up against someone who hasn't done jack squat the past season and whose play before that could possibly be contributed to injury....what did people think was going to happen?

it's as if the huddle doesn't recognize that addison is a monster in the making...and at the moment, poor kalil is just an easy kill.

i'll worry when walk on joe schmoe gives kalil the same treatment.

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Just admit it guys. Gettleman's signing of Matt Kalil in many ways is worse than Hurney's extension of Delhomme. Both were major F-ups!

I think the jury is still out on that.  Odds are against it working out but who knows, it will take a few games to get a true evaluation on whether the guy can show improvement and promise to justify keeping him.  Luckily if he doesn't it doesn't cripple the cap by letting him go.  But the bad part in this is that if it doesn't old Hurndog will be the one to find his replacement.  That scares the living hell out of me.  We all should pray that he works out.

17 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Go back and read his the contract breakdown thread, they go over all his conctract details in there and that's basically what his contract comes down to. Not going to recap a 30+ page thread when you can just go read it yourself  

would try try to link to it, but I'm on mobile

You mean where a bunch of people like yourself who don't understand contracts talk about a contract? 

I'm good, I'll just use spotrac

24 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Go back and read his the contract breakdown thread, they go over all his conctract details in there and that's basically what his contract comes down to. Not going to recap a 30+ page thread when you can just go read it yourself  

would try try to link to it, but I'm on mobile

17 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Will admit that only when he sucks during regular season.

13 minutes ago, Bogart said:

I think the jury is still out on that.  Odds are against it working out but who knows, it will take a few games to get a true evaluation on whether the guy can show improvement and promise to justify keeping him.  Luckily if he doesn't it doesn't cripple the cap by letting him go.  But the bad part in this is that if it doesn't old Hurndog will be the one to find his replacement.  That scares the living hell out of me.  We all should pray that he works out.

It's OK. Denial is fully expected. It's OK to kick that can of disappointment and misery down the road.

As for that contract...It's the contract that makes the deal so bad. I don't care if it's a one year, ten million dollar rental, or more. That will sting next year, like stubbing a toe with a hangnail.

I was all for signing Kalil in conjunction with someone else, on a prove-it deal for 2-2.5 mil, but his contract was out-fricken-rageous!

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It's OK. Denial is fully expected. It's OK to kick that can of disappointment and misery down the road.

As for that contract...It's the contract that makes the deal so bad. I don't care if it's a one year, ten million dollar rental. That will sting next year, like stubbing a toe with a hangnail.

I was all for signing Kalil in conjunction with someone else, on a prove-it deal for 2-2.5 mil, but his contract was out-fricken-rageous!

I agree it was a steep price to pay for such a risky move.   That's the reason I'm praying it works out because the alternative is much worse.  

I have no delusions that it was a wise move.  My view is that this was probably at JR's insistence more than anything else given past events attributed to his meddling.   But who knows anymore?  

34 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Just admit it guys. Gettleman's signing of Matt Kalil in many ways is worse than Hurney's extension of Delhomme. Both were major F-ups!

Don't be an idiot. Especially if we aren't certain JR didn't make this happen cuz he loves Ryan

Archived