• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Kalil Concerns

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

You do realize often times in the NFL it's a crap shoot, right? You gotta hope for the best at some positions.

The Patriots, Seahawks, Broncos, Packers, etc did. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

true, but we always do it for key positions. Every year.

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

You do realize often times in the NFL it's a crap shoot, right? You gotta hope for the best at some positions.

The Patriots, Seahawks, Broncos, Packers, etc did. Sometimes it pays, sometimes it doesn't.

LT is a pretty awful position to just hope for the best at.

Seemingly we've done it ever since Jordan Gross retired/walked away/was forced out.

Either way...I'm not going to rush to judgment on Kalil off of one non-padded practice. 

2 minutes ago, Norway said:

Crazy how does this reminds me of 2015 and Michael Ohers first practice in TC. The reaction and hysteria from that practice was so bad from what I remember, that Ron had to comment on it in the aftermath.. 

yep, which is why I say its just something to keep an eye on. Could turn out well like Oher, could not. Time will tell. 

35 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Right so let's sign someone who will be a solution for zero years as opposed to someone who will be a solution for 2 years. 

Try to be smarter.

It was one practice, dude and Addison is getting better every year. A lot of NFL LT's are going to get beat by him.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Practice one is in the books, and I am not at all reassured about Matt Kalil. Typically with non padded practice, the offensive tackles have the advantage as the defensive ends can't fight through as much. That didn't appear to be the case yesterday with Kalil. 

Mario Addison got around him and to Cam Newton instantly in more than one instance. The only time Addison was at bay was when Kalil was chipped by Dickson. Kalil really struggled to get wide enough to stop Super Mario quickly enough. 

The speed rush was always his biggest issue. Lets hop that this is just a starting point and not an indication of whats to come. 

Half of his snap will be running play where he will be pushing back a DEs off the line of scrimmage BTW this why you need 2nd. TE 

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

1 year rental?

What part of 9.6 mill in dead money next season says 1 year rental?

Go back and read his the contract breakdown thread, they go over all his conctract details in there and that's basically what his contract comes down to. Not going to recap a 30+ page thread when you can just go read it yourself  

would try try to link to it, but I'm on mobile

Archived