• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Play O' the Day - Austin Duke

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, bleedsgreenandgold said:

The amount of crying in this thread about a UDFA getting a little bit of love is amazing. I've seen middle school girls lose their first boyfriend and cry less.

It isn't just me either. Even the Panthers said it was the play of the day. 

As soon as Ross makes a play, any play, I will be sure to let everyone know. 

TBH, it seems like Duke has been the most consistent WR on the team since OTA's started. I don't know if he can keep it up when the pads go on and they start playing pre season games, but they guy deserves all the coverage he's getting right now. And FTR, I don't have any allegiance to UNC Charlotte and I'm also pulling for Fred Ross.

Sanjay, The hell man?

You can give a dude props for making a good play. It happens to the worst of them. Do you remember David Tyree? A scrub WR made one of the biggest catches in NFL history. 

There doesn't need to be a narrative to acknowledge a single, good play. SportsCenter does an entire segment counting down the top plays form the day and many times it's some random dude who happened to make something amazing happen on the field. 

I mean Jesus, I don't know how well he did for the rest of practice, he could have dropped 3 balls, but made a great play later. I'm sure Fred Ross had plenty of routine, perfectly normal plays. Acknowledging an exceptional occurrence takes nothing away from someone else's day.

12 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Sanjay, The hell man?

You can give a dude props for making a good play. It happens to the worst of them. Do you remember David Tyree? I scrub WR made one of the biggest catches in NFL history. 

There doesn't need to be a narrative to acknowledge a single, good play. SportsCenter does an entire bit counting down the top plays form the day and many times it's some random dude who happened to make something amazing happen on the field. 

I mean Jesus, I don't know how well he did for the rest of practice, he could have dropped 3 balls, but made a great play later. I'm sure Fred Ross had plenty of routine, perfectly normal plays. Acknowledging an exceptional occurrence takes nothing away from someone else's day.

Idk what @sanjay_rajput problem is....Duke had a good night and capitalized on his opportunities.

Then again.... #sanjaylogic

1 hour ago, mjligon said:

Idk what @sanjay_rajput problem is....Duke had a good night and capitalized on his opportunities.

Then again.... #sanjaylogic

1 hour ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Sanjay, The hell man?

You can give a dude props for making a good play. It happens to the worst of them. Do you remember David Tyree? A scrub WR made one of the biggest catches in NFL history. 

There doesn't need to be a narrative to acknowledge a single, good play. SportsCenter does an entire segment counting down the top plays form the day and many times it's some random dude who happened to make something amazing happen on the field. 

Y'all didn't get point of the post, it was reminder that sometimes journalists controls the narrative of a story to prove their point by sharing only selective information. 

Jeremey about a week ago : " Heads up Panthers training camp Sleeper"  : his choice: Austin Duke

Yesterday: Oh look who is going to have play of the day ok I know Austin Duke to reinforce my point from previous article.

Not saying Austin Dukes didn't have great play but I'm pretty sure their where other spectacular plays by others it's just that each Media personnel will select their guy to push their respective story.

Archived