• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Play O' the Day - Austin Duke

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Hogmolliesmaht said:

3 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Play of the day in shorts is just picking who you like and driving the narrative from a previous article. 

Well if you don't care about what they do in shorts, why are you even here right now?

You are missing the point, 

1 minute ago, sanjay_rajput said:

You are missing the point, 

Since the point is that Austin Duke has been making plays and Ross hasn't, I don't think so. Hell, I like Ross too and I'm sure he will make some plays during camp but Austin deserves the credit for what he's done so far.

1 minute ago, carolina-chuck3 said:

Made plays? Lol. Kid was cut last season and brought back later. Scrub

He has made plays in real games, whether you want to admit it or not. Again, he's a back up WR. What possible reason do people have for hating him? He will most likely get cut this year but it will be because somebody else is making more plays than him this time.

3 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Since the point is that Austin Duke has been making plays and Ross hasn't, I don't think so. Hell, I like Ross too and I'm sure he will make some plays during camp but Austin deserves the credit for what he's done so far.

I'm pretty sure Ross was making plays just didn't get covered , Journalist usually likes to drive a narrative and focus on what their target is doing. 

4 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

I'm pretty sure Ross was making plays just didn't get covered , Journalist usually likes to drive a narrative and focus on what their target is doing. 

They tweeted out every play worth mentioning and I didn't see Ross in any of them. Again, when he makes the plays he will get the coverage.

One big thing that stands out to me with Duke is, with typical off-season heroes, there's a lot of good reports, and then a dose of reality...  a reminder that the guy is overachieving but won't be able to maintain it.

We've seen it a million times, especially with receivers - Taye Biddle (lol auto-correct just made Biddle - Huddle), Jason Carter, Trent Guy, Ryne Robinson, etc.

Duke is defying those odds so far.  I've always viewed it like the guys who weren't NFL material followed the pattern I mentioned.  But, the guys who really stick just keep making plays, keep getting their name called, and they either don't make noticeable mistakes or the good is so often and so qualitative that the mistakes are overlooked.  I think back to a guy like Brad Hoover.  Or in a non-Panther player like Victor Cruz.  They just keep doing it consistently to where you can't write it off as a fluke and it's expected.  Duke seems to be doing that.

I didn't trust the early off-season hype, but he's starting to make a believer out of me.

3 hours ago, carolina-chuck3 said:

Cmon Jeremy. 

Whats your obsession with underdogs? Foreal foreal. 

It was LaFail. Then Stephen Hill. And then now youre trying to sell us into believing Byrd and Duke. 

from a media standpoint it's a great strategy. hitch your wagon to a guy while he's small and ride the train. jeremy forged a great relationship with josh norman before he was really a name and was able to do some pretty cool stuff with him even when norman became a star.

Archived