• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers Practice Thread - Opening Night - 7/26

Jeremy Igo

So, from first practice seems like: 

*Butker may have had rookie opening jitters, but he also may have sentenced us to another year of Gano.

*Cam looked great early coming off surgery, which is a good sign.  I was really curious as to how limited he would be coming in, and apparently he's not all.  Love my Cam...

*CMC doesn't seem any less quick or shifty despite the jump in competition

*Austin Duke is making a name for himself.  I haven't seen much in the way of film on him, so I can't speak to whether he is a natural catcher of the ball, but in a general sense, his strength really appears to be creating separation.  He clearly has a knack for getting himself open.  I remembering hearing a lot of the same tweets from rookie minicamp, but I wrote them off as just that...  He is really sounding like a 53-man contender.

*cpcavedweller believes tackling takes place in the first practice of the year.

That is all.

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

*Austin Duke is making a name for himself.  I haven't seen much in the way of film on him, so I can't speak to whether he is a natural catcher of the ball, but in a general sense, his strength really appears to be creating separation.  He clearly has a knack for getting himself open.  I remembering hearing a lot of the same tweets from rookie minicamp, but I wrote them off as just that...  He is really sounding like a 53-man contender.

Austin Duke impressed me against Louisville. Made a pretty nice endzone grab and looked like a shifty speedy WR. Probably will be redshirted this year, but kid's got more potential than Fred Ross in terms of competition.

30 minutes ago, Lemory said:

Looks like Luke would have steamrolled him in live contact. 

yup. Use the slider on that video to slowly progress the play and you see Luke had a clear open lane to McCaffrey in the backfield. In a real game and if they are on different teams, Luke blows him up for a loss on that play . 

At this point its less about doubting McCaffrey's agility and more about whether he can take hits repeatedly from 300 lbs defensive lineman and 250 lbs linebackers . 

Archived