• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers waive Ryan Delaire and Charles Johnson (WR)

Jeremy Igo

Johnson was insurance against not getting Samuel and if Shepard sucked. Actually a good move for him because now he has all training camp to catch on elsewhere 

Delaire move was overdue. He was really bad for us. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

No one that knows anything had either of these guys on the roster this year.  I wouldn't put much stock into it. 

Well, my question is why bring in CJ0 in the first place, and why hang on to Delaire who could have and probably should have been axed last offseason? I already know what people will answer, but I obviously have higher standards.

8 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I believe this will open the door to keeping 7 LBs and 5 WRs instead of 6 LBs and 6 WRs. I think Boulware's chances to make it have improved now. He's just gotta show up when it's game time.

*Edit: Or might have just helped us keep CAP on the team lol

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David Newton ESPN Staff Writer 

The Panthers made several roster moves after players reported today. The most surprising was the release of wide receiver Charles Johnson, signed as a free agent during the offseason. He was waived injured. Defensive end Ryan Delaire was waived for a failed physical. Signed was center Greg Van Rosen.

Archived