• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Damiere been lifting...

Jeremy Igo

Man, you do not like Charles Johnson!  When did he play in cleveland? I'm pretty sure his rookie year was at Minnesota.  Am I missing something???  I am optimistic that he can make the squad but him and Funch are probably both JAGS.  I don't like Byrd but I think you are right that it is between he and Johnson for the speester role.
I'd almost rather see what Garrett or Ross can do. I hope these two at least get a practice squad spot when they don't make the 53-man.

Guess he never actually played for cleveland. Drafted by GB, out on their PS. He was signed by Cleveland off their PS, then soon put on reserve non football injury list. Then had 834 in his 3 seasons in Minn (Funch 844 in 2 seasons)
No hate but just don't understand the certain lock for a guy who couldn't fight off weaker competition and less ptlroductive than Philly Brown vs a young guy with loads of potential and knows the system.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Oh how I wish that this mirage of hope and potential is real, but sadly, Rivera won't let it happen! 

All this talk of "evolution!" Fifty percent of that has to take place in Ron's mind if we are going to stray from the conservative status quo (and hopefully bring it home).

Yes, if you can't tell, Rivera has turned me into a cynic where our pass offense and especially the receivers are concerned. The Wide Receiver Extremist has been broken down!

We have alot of uncertainty at speed WR. Ginn had horrible hands but he was always at least a threat , right now we simply don't know what we have. Samuel is a rookie, and we don't know if Byrd or CJ2 will make the roster, OR if they'll be any good either. Lot of question marks. 

Our most reliable receiving option as of right now is still Greg Olsen and he's a Tight End. Its been that way for the vast majority of Cam's career. Which is a damn shame and speaks to the quality of WRs Cam's been given to work with. 

8 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

We have alot of uncertainty at speed WR. Ginn had horrible hands but he was always at least a threat , right now we simply don't know what we have. Samuel is a rookie, and we don't know if Byrd or CJ2 will make the roster, OR if they'll be any good either. Lot of question marks. 

Our most reliable receiving option as of right now is still Greg Olsen and he's a Tight End. Its been that way for the vast majority of Cam's career. Which is a damn shame and speaks to the quality of WRs Cam's been given to work with. 

Don't forget the newly signed TJ Graham. More speed! I would think that Byrd, CJ2 and Graham are fighting for the same spot.

47 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

I'd almost rather see what Garrett or Ross can do. I hope these two at least get a practice squad spot when they don't make the 53-man.

Ross' tape reminded me of a skinnier version of the "no effort KB" at his best with Ginn hands.

Was not impressed with his game against LSU. I haven't watched any others, but I don't have high hopes for him to make the team. Austin Duke showed more than he has imo.

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

KB, Funch, Samuel, Shepard, Bryd my prediction of WRs

Johnson has done less in his career than Funchess has in his short career. Johnson has played in Cleveland and Minnesota where the WR groups were in far worse shape than ours has been the last few seasons. Johnson isn't your normal "vet" you bring in to mentor **** a cotchery where they have had a solid career

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

KB

Samuel

Funch

Ross

Byrd

Archived