• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OK, time to sound off like you got a pair. Who is the 2017 surprise veteran cut?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I think we might see us still carry three QBs, I just don't know if we're going to keep Webb. At his age, we've seen his ceiling, but vet minimums for his experience are $900k this year, $915k next year and $1,030,000 the year after that. That's a lot of money wrapped up in a QB3, WR7 and ST gunner. I like him and think he's a good player, but age and economics might mean we go with a younger QB3 with an eye at training him up to be a QB2.

And no, I don't know if his replacement is at Wofford checking into training camp right now. We might snag someone from out in the league after the first cuts of preseason. Maybe it's Gilbert (his Dad did play for five consecutive Superb Owl teams ... maybe the luck carries down), but I really don't know enough about him to say.

I think that we have to carry 3, but like you not totally sure it's Webb, although he does offer a lot of value for ST play.

Maybe we move on to a younger, cheaper QB3, but that would only save us about 400k this year, and I have a feeling that Ron is going to want as many vets around as possible this year.  A slow start could be really bad for him.

Cam gets through this year healthy, and it's probably time to start looking at both backup positions closely.  

P.S. This is a contract year for Anderson.

Heard that a small part of the reason why the Big Cat caned Gman was because Gman wanted to give KB a contract extension. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we traded KB, it would be dumb to cut a guy with trade value. 

11 minutes ago, WCUcats said:

Heard that a small part of the reason why the Big Cat caned Gman was because Gman wanted to give KB a contract extension. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we traded KB, it would be dumb to cut a guy with trade value. 

This is possible.

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I think that we have to carry 3, but like you not totally sure it's Webb, although he does offer a lot of value for ST play.

Maybe we move on to a younger, cheaper QB3, but that would only save us about 400k this year, and I have a feeling that Ron is going to want as many vets around as possible this year.  A slow start could be really bad for him.

Cam gets through this year healthy, and it's probably time to start looking at both backup positions closely.  

P.S. This is a contract year for Anderson.

Well, I was right about Delaire. I still think it might be the curtain call for Webb.

Archived