• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OK, time to sound off like you got a pair. Who is the 2017 surprise veteran cut?

Jeremy Igo

11 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

Weren't Tampa fans pissed when they weren't able to retain Shepard??  I could be wrong, but I heard they weren't happy because he had been improving his game every year (as a WR that is, it's well known that he's a special terms ace and was a captain last year)

That is one of those Huddleisms that isn't quite true. You're always going to have a few people who yell "bloody murder," but that wasn't the consensus opinion.

"Pissed" is much too strong of a word. Much too strong! "Missed" is much more accurate. The reason that many Bucs fans will miss him is because of his great attitude and outstanding ST play. As for him being a receiver, most took it in stride because during his career in Tampa, he was pretty much never more than a mediocre fill-in who couldn't move other JAGs out of his way. He was the ST ace and cheerleader who couldn't seize a starting role or solidify (and ultimately justify) his roster spot.

Dickson needs to go, but won't

Webb could be a casualty of the numbers. but think RR would fight for him

Gano will be interesting.  Doubt he's cut, but he better perform in the preseason 

The real "surprise" would be a big name...somebody like Peppers.  No chance, but also didn't think Gettleman would get axed and who knows what Hurney's direction for the team includes.

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That is one of those Huddleisms that isn't quite true. You're always going to have a few people who yell "bloody murder," but that wasn't the consensus opinion.

"Pissed" is much too strong of a word. Much too strong! "Missed" is much more accurate. The reason that many Bucs fans will miss him is because of his great attitude and outstanding ST play. As for him being a receiver, most took it in stride because during his career in Tampa, he was pretty much never more than a mediocre fill-in who couldn't move other JAGs out of his way. He was the ST ace and cheerleader who couldn't seize a starting role or solidify (and ultimately justify) his roster spot.

So you don't think he makes the 53 man roster?

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Shepard is getting undue love from the Huddle before he has ever stepped on the turf as a Panther at BOA.  He hasn't done anything to justify his roster spot (and, sorry, just being a supposed ST ace doesn't count). For me, I don't see him as any more deserving than the other two FA WRs that were brought in, or Byrd, Fred Ross and Keyarris Garrett. As a matter of fact, I will say that his ONLY saving grace will be if Ross and Garrett don't get opportunities. The guy was cut in favor of Adam Humphries (and rightly so), and you're telling me that all of a sudden he's going to ball out when he had every opportunity to do so in Tampa? I'm not buying it at this point. He's going to have to show me something. Like I said, Rivera's frustrating default position of giving vets slots because they're vets will likely save him, but that's the only thing.

Add in that Clay is statistically is our best PR atm. 

5 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

I am not saying that he won't make the roster because the way that Rivera runs his "competition" he probably will. Plus, you can't ignore his body of work as a special teamer. But my thing is that---as a receiver---he isn't that much different than CJ2 or TJ as far as his career production and impact in the league are concerned. As a matter of fact, his stats are easily considered worse (look them up). Moreover, I am saying that his ST ability and great attitude shouldn't necessarily trump the potential, upside and opportunity of guys that may default back to the practice squad because of Rivera's seemingly incorrigible judgement as it pertains to giving these guys a real opportunity to compete.

Don't get me wrong. If Shepard comes in, makes an impact, and absolutely showcases his superiority over the others in the preseason games, I will happily accept it, but a this point (at least in my mind), it's much too early to be declaring him a lock.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Dickson would absolutely be a surprise. 

As bad as he is, everyone else behind him is much worse. 

That's all on Gettleman, and Rivera.

Depth along the OL, and the TE2 position have been an afterthought for too long.

Archived