• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OK, time to sound off like you got a pair. Who is the 2017 surprise veteran cut?

Jeremy Igo

22 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Dickson would absolutely be a surprise. 

As bad as he is, everyone else behind him is much worse. 

Well you've been a naughty boy...the subtle way you talked up Simonson last year...

Not replacing Dickson was one of G-man's failings. Sure there were rumblings about Cook, but G-man didn't get it done. The money and opportunity were there, but G-man frustratingly tried to do things on the cheap. Dickson should have been gone!

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well you've been a naughty boy...the subtle way you talked up Simonson last year...

Not replacing Dickson was one of G-man's failings. Sure there were rumblings about Cook, but G-man didn't get it done. The money and opportunity were there, but G-man frustratingly tried to do things on the cheap. Dickson should have been gone!

Simonson looks like a practice player. Didn't do so well once the games started. 

1 minute ago, the_philosopher said:

Ha. I have been wondering how Peppers feels about signing on under the new regime only to have to see Marty Hurney again the first day of training camp. 

Marty twice tried to make him the highest paid defensive player. I'm sure he doesn't mind. 

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Agreed.. I really think we should have two all pro tight ends

10 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Agreed.. I really think we should have two all pro tight ends

Not to bring G-man up again, but Hunter Henry should have been a Panther.  

There are those poignant moments in life when you just have to do what makes perfect sense. To me, G-man had two. One was acquiring Jared Veldheer (yes, at the expense of Hardy), and the other was drafting Hunter Henry last year. We would have had our long term guy, plus had the real ability to exploit two-te sets like we used to when Shockey was here.

50 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I'm not sure but I think it will be Joe Webb (great guy but you can only stay QB3 for so long in this league, even with other skill sets), I don't think Darrel Young makes the team, Bersin finally takes a bow and I believe Delaire won't make the final 53 (just not enough production from him).

Can you justify not carrying 3 with Cam coming off of surgery, and playing the style that he does?

Especially given that he is getting up in years (and hits) now.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Shepard is getting undue love from the Huddle before he has ever stepped on the turf as a Panther at BOA.  He hasn't done anything to justify his roster spot (and, sorry, just being a supposed ST ace doesn't count). For me, I don't see him as any more deserving than the other two FA WRs that were brought in, or Byrd, Fred Ross and Keyarris Garrett. As a matter of fact, I will say that his ONLY saving grace will be if Ross and Garrett don't get opportunities. The guy was cut in favor of Adam Humphries (and rightly so), and you're telling me that all of a sudden he's going to ball out when he had every opportunity to do so in Tampa? I'm not buying it at this point. He's going to have to show me something. Like I said, Rivera's frustrating default position of giving vets slots because they're vets will likely save him, but that's the only thing.

Weren't Tampa fans pissed when they weren't able to retain Shepard??  I could be wrong, but I heard they weren't happy because he had been improving his game every year (as a WR that is, it's well known that he's a special terms ace and was a captain last year)

Archived