• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OK, time to sound off like you got a pair. Who is the 2017 surprise veteran cut?

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

There just won't be any surprises. I don't see it. Gano and Dickson aren't surprises. I mean, possibly Ben Jacobs, but is that really a surprise? 

Perhaps some of you will be surprised when Shepard gets cut.

Dickson would absolutely be a surprise. 

As bad as he is, everyone else behind him is much worse. 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

There just won't be any surprises. I don't see it. Gano and Dickson aren't surprises. I mean, possibly Ben Jacobs, but is that really a surprise? 

Perhaps some of you will be surprised when Shepard gets cut.

Shepard ain't getting cut!

Charles Johnson the 2nd maybe

I'm not sure but I think it will be Joe Webb (great guy but you can only stay QB3 for so long in this league, even with other skill sets), I don't think Darrel Young makes the team, Bersin finally takes a bow and I believe Delaire won't make the final 53 (just not enough production from him).

There are plenty of good veteran candidates to cut.  Honestly, the more the better, in my opinion.  As long as they stay around, it will be difficult to assess what you have behind them as Ron has no clue when to sit veterans who aren't performing.

19 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Shepard ain't getting cut!

Charles Johnson the 2nd maybe

Shepard is getting undue love from the Huddle before he has ever stepped on the turf as a Panther at BOA.  He hasn't done anything to justify his roster spot (and, sorry, just being a supposed ST ace doesn't count). For me, I don't see him as any more deserving than the other two FA WRs that were brought in, or Byrd, Fred Ross and Keyarris Garrett. As a matter of fact, I will say that his ONLY saving grace will be if Ross and Garrett don't get opportunities. The guy was cut in favor of Adam Humphries (and rightly so), and you're telling me that all of a sudden he's going to ball out when he had every opportunity to do so in Tampa? I'm not buying it at this point. He's going to have to show me something. Like I said, Rivera's frustrating default position of giving vets slots because they're vets will likely save him, but that's the only thing.

Archived