• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen WILL NOT hold out of Carolina Panthers camp

Jeremy Igo

27 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

What good would discussing it amongst the players be? 

Also, he makes a "fug load" and is a millionaire, so uhh, he's not alllowed to say anything?

1. Discussing in private is called negotiation. If you are a free agent then talk away. If you just want a raise then keep it inside the room. Normal people don't have sympathy. Normal people don't want to hear about slight variations of set for life when they aren't and they are paying to see you play. 

Negotiate that stuff in private.....like Cam, Luke, Turner, etc.

Just now, csx said:

I agree. Just don't complain in public about wanting to increase your pay for 2 years by more than most will ever see in their lives.

Well, while I respect your opinion, I disagree. Olsen, as well as most athletes, more than likely will deal with injuries that most will never encounter in their lives as well. If he has to go to the public to try to leverage the panthers to giving him more money, than so be it. 

1 minute ago, csx said:

1. Discussing in private is called negotiation. If you are a free agent then talk away. If you just want a raise then keep it inside the room. Normal people don't have sympathy. Normal people don't want to hear about slight variations of set for life when they aren't and they are paying to see you play. 

Negotiate that stuff in private.....like Cam, Luke, Turner, etc.

This is simply not true. "Normal people don't have sympathy" if this statement was true, then the players of today and past wouldn't use the media like they do. If players kept their issues and concerns in the locker room, then I highly doubt they'd be making the coin they're making today while getting the guaranteed money they're currently earning. If your statement was true, then I would not be in here arguing on behalf of the players lol. There's many others like me as well, and I'd consider myself to be "normal". So, while you and many others may not have sympathy, I and many others do. There's a reason players go to the media

He was implying Olsen was a diva, Norman was a diva, Smith was a diva. If TD had been accused of what they did (which he has, ALL OVER THE BOARD), the implication is that TD is a diva. So I asked for clarification.

You're right, Thomas Davis and Greg Olsen are on the exact same level as Steve Smith and Deangelo Williams. Expert analysis right here.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I'm not analyzing. I was asking you a question to clarify what you meant. Time of the month or something?

Obviously you were because we never saw any issues between Olsen/TD and Dave other than the fact that Olsen said he wanted an extension/raise. That's it. They didn't take to twitter to whine about their problems. TD is actually my favorite Panther ever but I don't blame a GM for not wanting to pay too much for a 34 old vet.
Also you mentioned how well you can get the Gettleman nut huggers all riled up, congrats. But that's not because you undermine their argument/bias, it's because you are obviously an ignorant poster who spews garbage to give yourself a semi. Your comment paints the picture pretty clearly.

1 hour ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Obviously you were because we never saw any issues between Olsen/TD and Dave other than the fact that Olsen said he wanted an extension/raise. That's it. They didn't take to twitter to whine about their problems. TD is actually my favorite Panther ever but I don't blame a GM for not wanting to pay too much for a 34 old vet.
Also you mentioned how well you can get the Gettleman nut huggers all riled up, congrats. But that's not because you undermine their argument/bias, it's because you are obviously an ignorant poster who spews garbage to give yourself a semi. Your comment paints the picture pretty clearly.

Yeah, he's devolved into one of the worst posters on here since last week. I've tried wrapping my head around what the hurney people on here are thinking but I just can't. I've come to the realization that they all just lack football knowledge and knowledge of this team's history with Hurney 

3 hours ago, AggieLean said:

When owners and GM's follow said contract that players sign consistently, then it should be expected for players to live up to their contracts they signed. Until then, and with the possibility of them being cut at almost anytime, there should be no problem with them doing whatever needs to be done for them to earn as much as possible.

Let me know when an NFL organization doesn't follow a contract to the letter of the law. Better yet, you should inform the NFL Players Association as they are apparently slacking on the job.

4 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

Let me know when an NFL organization doesn't follow a contract to the letter of the law. Better yet, you should inform the NFL Players Association as they are apparently slacking on the job.

Basically. Just because teams cut players doesn't mean they aren't following the contract. All of this stuff is there in writing before the player signs.. Don't sign if you don't agree

2 things....

Olsen still has 2 years left on his contract, and is our 3rd highest paid player. If any contract change needs to be made, it should be for less money over more years.

TD wasn't talking about money those years he was sitting on the couch rehabbing his knee. Still got paid.

Archived