• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen WILL NOT hold out of Carolina Panthers camp

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, csx said:

I don't think going public is very classy. Keep that poo in the millionaires realm. Mortals don't want to hear to that stuff.

As far as I know TD didn't talk to media about wanting more money.

This is what I don't get though and here's where my posts raise the blood pressure of @Hogmolliesmaht and his cronies:

The Huddle believes Gettleman deserves a long, long leash because he did great things for the team. But when players like Olsen want to be paid comparable to their production, because they did great things for the team and they speak out, it's either not classy or they're snakes.

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

This is what I don't get though and here's where my posts raise the blood pressure of @Hogmolliesmaht and his cronies:

The Huddle believes Gettleman deserves a long, long leash because he did great things for the team. But when players like Olsen want to be paid comparable to their production, because they did great things for the team, it's either not classy or they're snakes.

You are missing the point. The player talking money to the media within a contract is my issue. You make a fug load, you are mid contract.. .Keep it within the realm of millionaires problems because people who pay to see you perform don't want to hear them complain. Do it in private. Discuss among players. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Plans on reporting tomorrow per Joe Person. 

Crisis = Avoided. 

Hurney magic? 

Olsen signed a 4 year 28 million dollar deal just over 2 years ago. The idea of him holding out is over blown me thinks. He's 32, let's see how his production goes this year. He's an extremely valuable commodity but he's got another 14 mill coming.

3/5/2015: Signed a four-year, $27.75 million contract. The deal included a $12 million signing bonus. Olsen is eligible for annual $250,000 workout bonuses in years two through four. 2017-2018: $6.5 million, 2019: Free Agent

LIve up to the damned contract you just signed.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Olsen signed a 4 year 28 million dollar deal just over 2 years ago. The idea of him holding out is over blown me thinks. He's 32, let's see how his production goes this year. He's an extremely valuable commodity but he's got another 14 mill coming.

3/5/2015: Signed a four-year, $27.75 million contract. The deal included a $12 million signing bonus. Olsen is eligible for annual $250,000 workout bonuses in years two through four. 2017-2018: $6.5 million, 2019: Free Agent

Thank you sir.

44 minutes ago, csx said:

You are missing the point. The player talking money to the media within a contract is my issue. You make a fug load, you are mid contract.. .Keep it within the realm of millionaires problems because people who pay to see you perform don't want to hear them complain. Do it in private. Discuss among players. 

What good would discussing it amongst the players be? 

Also, he makes a "fug load" and is a millionaire, so uhh, he's not alllowed to say anything?

26 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

When owners and GM's follow said contract that players sign consistently, then it should be expected for players to live up to their contracts they signed. Until then, and with the possibility of them being cut at almost anytime, there should be no problem with them doing whatever needs to be done for them to earn as much as possible.

Good lord. When a players time is up its up. Cut him loose. The fact that they may have been the GOAT is not relevant for the upcoming season. When you no longer are worth what your boss is paying you or your BS becomes detrimental to the enterprise you too will be out of a job. Simple economics. Ever heard of Bill Belichick? "...a year early rather than a year late"

21 minutes ago, TPanther920 said:

Good lord. When a players time is up its up. Cut him loose. The fact that they may have been the GOAT is not relevant for the upcoming season. When you no longer are worth what your boss is paying you you too will be out of a job. Simple ecomonics. Ever heard of Bill Belichick? "...a year early rather than a year late"

Ruthless.

"Honor your damn contract!" But..."cut him loose when his time is up!" 

Not knocking your opinion, but I understand why players do what they do. Ruthless, cutthroat business. Can't allow one side (FO/GM) to be ruthless. Gotta get what you can, and if said player has to be ruthless then it is what it is. I can see why Olsen went public, and no matter how un-"classy" it may seem, it's even less classy when Olsen is cut in the later years of his contract to make salary cap room or pave the way for a younger player. *shrugs*

21 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

When owners and GM's follow said contract that players sign consistently, then it should be expected for players to live up to their contracts they signed. Until then, and with the possibility of them being cut at almost anytime, there should be no problem with them doing whatever needs to be done for them to earn as much as possible.

I agree. Just don't complain in public about wanting to increase your pay for 2 years by more than most will ever see in their lives.

Archived