• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lean, mean, running machine

Jeremy Igo

If the weight loss does help bring back his lost speed (which it should), that will be a very scary thing for defenses...well, we already will be scary, but this will take us to another level.  Cam has always been extremely dangerous, even when defenses are able to put most of their focus on containing him.  But assuming CMC and Samuel are as advertised, teams will no longer have enough resources to dedicate to stopping him. 

The LB's and Safeties that teams used to spy on Cam will now have to account for the new guys, and that will free up running lanes from the pocket that have not been there the last couple of years.  So with Cam's returned explosiveness, he should be able to take advantage these running lanes which will lead to more big runs from him than we've seen for quite some time.  And as the cycle goes, his running ability should open things up even more for the other guys.  This truly does have the potential to be a "pick your poison" offense.   

5 hours ago, beastson said:

I just hope this improves his movement within the pocket. I feel all QB's get sacked, but let our oline be the reason he doesn't go down, not Cam skill

That's exactly what I meant when I said I hope he worked like a mad man on his footwork. He doesn't need to get any better at running the ball, he just needs to get better at avoiding sacks and getting his feet under him when he throws. There are slower QB's than  him who can do it because of footwork alone.

Archived