• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deflection...

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

Fug it, Hurney can  have the job.....as long I get to watch him and Gettleman play poker for 1 million dollars. And the loser never sets foot in the Carolinas again.

I see your 250,000 and raise you 250,000.

Mr Hurney, you don't have that much money.

I'll just take it from next year money.......

29 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Watching Hurney come back from the dead reminds me of this scene from GOT.

Next time... and there will be a next time... we'll need to make sure he never comes back.

Indeed this was also difficult to watch. Hurney's run best be a brief one.....

Gettleman did more to put this team in a position to win division and conference championships in 4 years than all his predecessors combined accomplished in 18.  

Yet somehow the ones with the problem are those pointing this fact out?

How about the dolts who think Hurney has miraculously changed by growing a functional brain and a ridged spine within the last four years ?

Please recall, after having a decade to figure out how to properly manage an NFL franchise, Marty was fired for running the team into the ground.  We were worse than the Cleveland Browns.  

This guy should have never been given another chance to manage a team, especially with the one that fired him in the first place.

JR must be going senile.

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Gettleman did more to put this team in a position to win division and conference championships in 4 years than all his predecessors combined accomplished in 18.  

Yet somehow the ones with the problem are those pointing this fact out?

How about the dolts who think Hurney has miraculously changed by growing a functional brain and a ridged spine within the last four years ?

Please recall, after having a decade to figure out how to properly manage an NFL franchise, Marty was fired for running the team into the ground.  We were worse than the Cleveland Browns.  

This guy should have never been given another chance to manage a team, especially with the one that fired him in the first place.

JR must be going senile.

I'm just making mental notes of the people that support hurney so I know who to ignore on here. Anyone that thinks having him back is good for the team is insane 

10 hours ago, Lumps said:

Anyone who I doesn't want to repeat the same mistakes and bash Hurney should also not be a JR fan...you guys know the owner has put the Panthers in this position, right? 

If you support JR you shouldn't be bothered by this move.

To me JR is an idiot and this shot is just ass backwards, literally. Who the fug hires a guy just fired for setting a team back half a decade like wtf?

I'm not bothered by this move and never said I was. Jerry Richardson is a smart man. He had his reasons for firing Gettleman. Hurney wasn't perfect but he will do solid job this year I believe. I'm willing to give him a 2nd chance, at least temporarily. I liked Gettleman a lot the first couple of years but, some of his moves (Steve Smith, Josh Norman, Kony Elay, Bene Benwikere to name a few) I just flat out disagreed with.

Ultimately, it comes down to this: Piss off your boss, you might get fired. I'm not sure why so many of you can't grasp this concept.

Interesting that OverTheCap has us with 19 million in cap space next year while Spotrac has us at 10.  Either way, that's without Davis, Norwell and Star, all of whom I imagine are in talks right now.  Not to mention next years rookies.  So yeah, we're probably either already planning on being over the cap next year or we're going to see a player we want to stay get cut, and it may be both.  

Anyway, what Hurney said in the interview is correct, although he didn't really answer the question as asked.  If we win the Super Bowl next year and all anyone wants to talk about is the cap, then we as a fan base are useless.  If we're sitting pretty under the cap but go 6-10 because of some financial decisions again, people are going to look for someone to blame.

I would be interested in some of the behind-the-scenes "why" answers around him giving out the big contracts to Stewart and Williams at the same time, but I doubt he'll ever give an honest answer to that one.

3 minutes ago, Cyberjag said:

If we win the Super Bowl next year and all anyone wants to talk about is the cap, then we as a fan base are useless.

So funny.  I was listening to Hurney radio archives last night, and there was one where he was discussing the trade for Andy Lee last August and the fairly surprising high cost - 4th round pick and big bucks.   Hurney said something like, "yeah fans may not like it now, but if Lee turns out to be the right guy and the team succeeds, no one will care about it"

So, I think Hurney believes that if he can make fans happy, who cares about Cap Hell.

Ugh.

Archived