• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

i just bought this here computer at wal mart now lemme talk bout REAL FANS

Fiz

Wife and I went out to dinner on Friday night. Guy sitting at the table next to us kept going on and on (for at least 20 minutes) about how he was selling his PSL's and not going to anymore Panther games because he can't stand that fans from other teams don't know how to act at a game. Said the Eagles game was the end for him. Then he said that the only fan base that knew how to act right was the Green Bay fans because when they came to BOA they at least didn't "stand up and yell during the game" (exact quote). I had never in my life heard so much whining from a grown man.

To the dismay of my wife, as we were leaving I blurted out the E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES chant on the way by his table which resulted in applause and laughter from the people he was with and surrounding tables. :)

Wife and I went out to dinner on Friday night. Guy sitting at the table next to us kept going on and on (for at least 20 minutes) about how he was selling his PSL's and not going to anymore Panther games because he can't stand that fans from other teams don't know how to act at a game. Said the Eagles game was the end for him. Then he said that the only fan base that knew how to act right was the Green Bay fans because when they came to BOA they at least didn't "stand up and yell during the game" (exact quote). I had never in my life heard so much whining from a grown man.

To the dismay of my wife, as we were leaving I blurted out the E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES chant on the way by his table which resulted in applause and laughter from the people he was with and surrounding tables. :)

Damn, you are awesome.

Ha ha! Thats awesome! You get rep for that one

The truth to this is that football players simulate crowd noise with jet engines and no matter how loud you and your toothless girlfriend in a pink bedazzled jake delhomme jersey get you're not going to be louder than that.

I'm sure there are plenty of teams that practice under jet engines to simulate playing through the noise of the crowd. Just like I'm sure that's not crack you're smoking.

I'm sure there are plenty of teams that practice under jet engines to simulate playing through the noise of the crowd. Just like I'm sure that's not crack you're smoking.

the reality is that the really successful teams stab out their lineman's ears when they're drafted creating an army of deaf, perfectly timed giants.

12th man is overrated to an extent but it DOES have an affect sry.

Case in point (I'm going to talk about how I go to UNC some more.)

During every home game, whenever the opposing team lines up to kick a field goal or punt the ball away, the stadium erupts in chants of BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE because Bruce Carter has a knack for blocking kicks. Now if 50,000 people are cheering your name, you're honestly going to tell me that has NO psychological affect on you whatsoever?

Archived