• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Poll: Is Hurney here to stay?

Jeremy Igo

HURNEY  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Is Hurney here to stay as General Manager?

• Yep
    • Nope

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Possible, but entirely different skill set in which Hurney has zero experience. He doesn't strike me as a particularly organized person capable of managing many projects at once in a highly political environment. Nice guy, sure, but that will only get you so far. 

The way he's handled his radio station, yeah.  You're 100 percent right.  He's a horrible business man.  Just awful.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Would anyone argue against this statement:

The owner of this team is prone to make very bad football decisions.

Well, the last 2 GMs he hired got us to the SB. He hired "the greatest GM in the universe". He fired his own sons because he could see where that was headed. He is a successful businessman and he knows more about his franchise than we do. We don't know the details of why DG was fired. I know DG made some good moves the last 4 years, but if you cannot deal well with people you don't need to be an NFL GM. 

just gonna echo others in this thread.

Hurney can stay if he doesnt rock the boat so much that it loses us a Super Bowl. in other words, the less he actually does, the better. 

if we win it all this year, my goodwill from elation will extend to all members of the Panthers organization. i would gladly sacrifice a couple/few years of competitiveness for a title this year (which is probably what we'd get with Hurney as long term GM).

if he doesnt fug anything up this year and we win, then i'd be willing to give him a couple years to prove he's learned his damn lessons. 

I voted Nope, but cant help like I just bought another losing lottery ticket... 

Monday, when the news came out & everybody was freakin out, I was in the 'calm the fug down, People' camp... Now I cant help but feel like them Welcoming folks on the rooftop in the first Independence Day movie.....

fhd996IDY_Kiersten_Warren_003.jpg

To those who state Hurney had nothing to do with this roster.  

Really?

Just off the top my head. 

Cam

Stewart

R. Kalil

Charles Johnson DE

Peppers

Luke

Davis

Captain

Most of our scouting department. Our current HC.

Do any of you actually think before posting?

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

To those who state Hurney had nothing to do with this roster.  

Really?

Just off the top my head. 

Cam

Stewart

R. Kalil

Charles Johnson DE

Peppers

Luke

Davis

Captain

Most of our scouting department. Our current HC.

Do any of you actually think before posting?

Are you trying to tell us that we should be happy about getting Hurney back because he hit on a small handful of draft picks in 10 years? Two of the guys on that list were drafted by Hurney because he was picking in the top 5 and it was simply a no brainer to pick Peppers and Cam in those drafts.

Archived