• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Poll: Is Hurney here to stay?

Jeremy Igo

HURNEY  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Is Hurney here to stay as General Manager?

• Yep
    • Nope

3 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Hurney was initially fired he didn't garner any interest at all from other teams around the league, right? IIRC that was a pretty damning assessment of his GM'ing skills.

Correct.

He won't stay. I think he will only be used by JR to secure his "favorites" and then replaced next season, guaranteeing JR gets to retain his special players in his 'family-ring'.

We all know why JR let go Hurn Dawg the first time.

Will not be surprised if the next GM will be very similar to DG in style. 

46 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Hurney was initially fired he didn't garner any interest at all from other teams around the league, right? IIRC that was a pretty damning assessment of his GM'ing skills.

I don't think anyone on the Huddle can say for sure if he did or didn't get inquires from from other teams. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't but I do know he has stated to anyone that asked that he had zero interest in getting back into NFL operations after he left here. 

52 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

That's why he's here......JR loves the ones no one else wants. lol 

He's in the running believing otherwise is naive. 

Jerry never wanted to fire Hurney, now he has invented a perfect excuse to take him back and will probably run a successful team he largely had nothing to do with. 

I won't be comfortable with this until the ink dries on a new GM. 

And god forbid we do keep Hurney as our permanent GM...

Archived