• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Poll: Is Hurney here to stay?

Jeremy Igo

HURNEY  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Is Hurney here to stay as General Manager?

• Yep
    • Nope

Current narrative from the organization is that Hurney is an interim GM. 

However, no one has come out and said he is not in the running for the permanent job, and Hurney would not rule that out in the press conference. Narratives can change. A simple "He did so well as interim GM that he was clearly the best candidate" is all it would take. 

So what is your gut telling you right now. Is Hurney truly an interim GM with an expiration date or is the permanent GM job his to lose? 

If we win the super bowl, he can stay.. anything less, he needs to go. I can deal with a few years of Hurney's yes man bullshit as long as we have a trophy beforehand.But Jerry will probably give him a lifetime contract after this season regardless.

I'm not sure what JR wants but I have a feeling that Hurney will be temporary.
If you look at this from Hurney's standpoint... he gets to reclaim a job that he was fired from and hopefully rewrite the narrative in a positive way (hopefully). It's liken to many failing their first time as HC but then work their way back to a HC job and surprise everyone with success. Plus he gets to help an old friend (JR) with running it a little less aggressive than DG and bring that "family" feel back.
God I hope it all works out well for our team. I feel this will turn out really well for the Panthers or kill any chance for a long top tier title run for a LONG time... don't see it being just "Okay"...

I'm really surprised I haven't seen #NotMyGM

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

10 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Nope. He's going to be the new Danny Morrison, not the GM in the future. 

Possible, but entirely different skill set in which Hurney has zero experience. He doesn't strike me as a particularly organized person capable of managing many projects at once in a highly political environment. Nice guy, sure, but that will only get you so far. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Possible, but entirely different skill set in which Hurney has zero experience. He doesn't strike me as a particularly organized person capable of managing many projects at once. Nice guy, sure, but that will only get you so far. 

GMs manage multiple projects at once. Business owners also do. He's been both of those. He's plenty capable of doing the engagement part that Mr Morrison did. He's got the relationship with the owner. 

Hurney as Pres isn't based on any info - I'm just spitballing. My point, however, is if he "does well" this year then sure maybe he gets to stay on, but I'll bet my car it won't be as the GM.

Note: this bet applies for my Tahoe or my minivan (minivan is DOPE)

4 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

GMs manage multiple projects at once. Business owners also do. He's been both of those. He's plenty capable of doing the engagement part that Mr Morrison did. He's got the relationship with the owner. 

Hurney as Pres isn't based on any info - I'm just spitballing. My point, however, is if he "does well" this year then sure maybe he gets to stay on, but I'll bet my car it won't be as the GM.

Note: this bet applies for my Tahoe or my minivan (minivan is DOPE)

I am going to lobby for you to be President. 

No one knows what is going to happen with Hurney except Richardson. Just like no one knew Gettleman would be fired but Richardson. It is very possible he is the permanent GM. As likely as any other candidate. I have no doubt about that. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

I am going to lobby for you to be President. 

No one knows what is going to happen with Hurney except Richardson. Just like no one knew Gettleman would be fired but Richardson. It is very possible he is the permanent GM. As likely as any other candidate. I have no doubt about that. 

Im already Secretary of Global Domination in @SCP's cabinet. That's all I've got time for. 

Archived