• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Picture that depicts our Organization perfectly

bLACKpANTHER

12 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Well actually the past is now our future when it comes to our GM.

I'd love to hear your alternate perspective on his budget busting contracts listed in this article or his miserable track record in selecting talent beyond the first round.

I don't really believe that Hurney's players drafted after the first round are that much different in quality or longevity than the track record of most GMs. I think that that may be one of those Huddle truths that are not based in reality (e.g. Artis-Payne has a fumbling problem). But, it's generally the first and second rounders that propel a team's championship dreams anyway. 

Regarding his contracts, he crapped the bed majorly. There is no other way to put it. The thing is though, he has had time to observe things from afar more objectively, and as such he has hopefully learned a thing or two watching Gettleman (not only from a business perspective, but from a draft perspective as well).

Lastly, Hurney is the IGM, not the GM. This is a unique situation. I am not going to assume that he is here for the longterm when the Panthers' FO still intends to search for a GM. Could he effectively inherit that title? Sure! But a helluva lot of things will have to go right, and the successful evolution of the right mindsets will have to become reality before it happens. 

The only way that I really see that Hurney becomes a problem is handing out ill-advised contracts during his stint as the IGM, and I don't see history repeating itself in that manner because I don't see J-Rich, Hurney, or others as dumb men.

Archived