• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Statement

Jeremy Igo

a team with cam, smitty, olsen, TD, kuechly, greg hardy, gross, kalil, charles johnson, dwill, stewart, chris gamble, josh norman, and gary barnidge (i've learned recently that he's a big deal to some people for some reason) went 7-9 in 2012.  that's basically the entire vaunted hurney core that gettleman supposedly didn't improve on at all plus some.

basically if you're not an idiot you can admit that hurney hit on a few extremely important picks which allowed gettleman to do a much more skillful job than marty did/could getting the cap in order, filling out the bottom half of the roster, and signing cheap role players who contribute for a season or two and then get paid big elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

And how much depth did we have again?

i made that point in that post and the previous one.

the panthers had paper-thin depth and a horrible cap situation with a few major stars which is why we usually sucked.  gettleman's maneuvering to get this team competitive in 2013 and especially in 2015 were very impressive and i hate it when people try to downplay that.  the entire secondary basically got rebuilt in 2013.

21 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

You mean the guy who was easily replaced and viewed as expendable by the Cardinals? The guy who was burned on back to back screen plays in a playoff game? Then the following year missing three crucial tackles to cost them a divisional game?

Yep, you definitely showed me. 

I'm still applying aloe from when you burned me that Getty picked THE Bene Benwikere. That loser Hurney can't lay claim to picking a stud who helped give up 300 receiving yards in a single game to one player

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

I'm still applying aloe from when you burned me that Getty picked THE Bene Benwikere. That loser Hurney can't lay claim to picking a stud who helped give up 300 receiving yards in a single game to one player

Well what did Gettleman do when he made a mistake? That is one if not the biggest difference between him and Hurney.

And yes Gettleman surely make mistakes ind the draft. But he then did something about the poo he made. Hurney did not. 

Archived