• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Statement

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Promethean Forerunner said:

This quote is The Huddle in a nutshell. This is why morons like y'all are on here and aren't in the NFL or even identifying talent for Division 3 schools. 

Lester was an UDFA - a roleplayer for our squad when we were severely cash strapped. He still made more plays than Sherrod. 

Even though I suggested at the time we sign Tony Jefferson.

You've embarrassed yourself enough. With every passing day you are proved wrong time after time in every way. 

You said you've been a fan since 02 which makes you how old? About 20? Makes a lot of sense. I suggest you just roll with it too because if you're any older it even makes you look worse (which is hard to imagine being possible).

3 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

This quote is The Huddle in a nutshell. This is why morons like y'all are on here and aren't in the NFL or even identifying talent for Division 3 schools. 

Lester was an UDFA - a roleplayer for our squad when we were severely cash strapped. He still made more plays than Sherrod. 

No, The Huddle in a nutshell is minimizing trading for Greg Olsen but propping up drafting Bene fuging Benwikere

Jeremy making it on USA Today with his tweet - 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/07/nfl-panthers-marty-hurney-interim-gm-reaction-jokes

Panthers fans are hoping this has been one long nightmare that they’ll wake up from anytime now.

Two days after firing Dave Gettleman, the general manager who was celebrated for miraculously pulling the franchise out of cap hell and leading it to the Super Bowl, the team announced the hiring of an interim GM. It was Marty Hurney, the team’s previous general manager who was responsible for putting the team in cap hell in the first place.

Also, Hurney is not talking like a man who considers this an interim gig…

Sure sounds like a guy that wants a full time job.

Just now, Promethean Forerunner said:

You mean the guy who was easily replaced and viewed as expendable by the Cardinals? The guy who was burned on back to back screen plays in a playoff game? Then the following year missing three crucial tackles to cost them a divisional game?

Yep, you definitely showed me. 

The same guy who just signed a 4 year 34 million dollar deal, yep!

I'd bring up some of Robert "bad angle" Lester's gems but he played himself out of the league so long ago. 

You should really stop. 

From Panthers.com

"I never lost the connection with the organization," Hurney said. "I've gained a lot of perspective and have looked at things in different ways. I think I can help this team in a lot of areas. I think I've grown. And I feel I'm better prepared to come in this time and do a better job than I did over the 12 years I was general manager last time."

That doesn't sound like a guy content with an interim role. Tell me I'm wrong.

Intern my ass. The TD news just coming down the pike and it has MH and JR written all over it. D.G probably told JR that there is no way he is giving TD that contract and the old man fired him. They will rehire this guy on a full time basis to start the downward spiral. No other organization would do this, except maybe Cleveland.

Enjoy the SB run in 2015 and possibly 2017. We are up shitz creek without a paddle.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived