• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Statement

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

From Panthers.com

"I never lost the connection with the organization," Hurney said. "I've gained a lot of perspective and have looked at things in different ways. I think I can help this team in a lot of areas. I think I've grown. And I feel I'm better prepared to come in this time and do a better job than I did over the 12 years I was general manager last time."

That doesn't sound like a guy content with an interim role. Tell me I'm wrong.

He sure as hell doesn't see himself there temporarily, and I get the feeling we know why DG was shown the door: Marty is back, and they wanted him RIGHT NOW. 

The outside world is our enemy, Marty! We're the only fehh-friends we got, Marty! It's just Pizza and Marty! Puh-izza and Marty and their adventures, Marty! Pizza and Marty forever and forever, 100 years, Pizza and Marty's things! Me and Pizza and Marty running around and...Pizza and Marty time! All day long, forever... all- a hundred days! Pizza and Marty forever a hundred times! Over and over, pizzaandmartyadventures.com. Www.pizzaandmarty.com. Www.pizzaandmartyadventures. All 100 years. Every minute, pizzaandmarty.com. [closing garage door inside] Www.100timespizzaandmarty.com.

1 minute ago, Johnny Rockets said:

For once I agree with Sanjay, why couldn't he have learned from his mistakes? I know I would be much better at something the second time around after stepping away from it for awhile and doing some self evaluating. I think that applies to a lot of situations in life. 

Because Hurney had multiple issues. Not just signing bad contracts. Bad drafts. Trading next year's draft picks to draft mediocre players. 

So no I don't think he will be better the next time around. 

17 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

From Panthers.com

"I never lost the connection with the organization," Hurney said. "I've gained a lot of perspective and have looked at things in different ways. I think I can help this team in a lot of areas. I think I've grown. And I feel I'm better prepared to come in this time and do a better job than I did over the 12 years I was general manager last time."

That doesn't sound like a guy content with an interim role. Tell me I'm wrong.

You're not wrong. I am so disappointed in the direction this franchise is going. At least when Gettleman there was always hope. With Hurney all I think about is how he screwed the pooch with the salary cap and his drafts. Not including Cam or Keek. 

14 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I can't wait to see Hurney catch all the blame for signing Olsen and TD.

These two are 100% on JR.

I won't blame hurney for those. It's apparent who is making personnel decisions on this team now and it's not the GM. Jerry has cemented his place as a meddling owner 

I've heard him on the Charlotte radio before and it always seemed like he would  credit Gettleman for how he handled the cap situation and Hurney would acknowledge and joke about how he is the one that put them in a bad cap situation. 

Hopefully he can take the best of what Dave did and the best of what he did and put them together for however long he is the interim GM. 

Archived