• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Statement

Jeremy Igo

Now that all of this has gone on, I'm starting to think it was Richardson that told Gettleman to keep Rivera and Shula too. Maybe DG wanted both of them gone, but the voice upstairs said no because they are both Richardson type coaches. This sh*t is just all fugged up. The future is not good, not at all. It's not even the fact that we fired DG, it's the fact that NO good GM is going to want to take the position for this team knowing he will just get canned if he doesn't sign JR's favorites to big extensions. But who will...............................? You guessed it, Marty fuggin Hurney. He will no doubt become our GM after this season and everything will go back to way things used to be.

And for the people saying Hurney has changed, yeah the fug right. Unless he has gone to talent evaluation school, then his drafts will still fuggin suck. Hurney could NEVER fill out a complete roster. How many times in the past 4 years did we get excited about the bottom half of our team? We would actually get mad if we cut a #5 receiver because we knew Gettleman knew how to complete a roster with so much competition. NEVER did we have that during the Hurney days. This has really dampened the excitement for not only this upcoming season, but for our bleak future too.

The last time people thought our season was down the drain was when KB tore his ACL and was out for the year. We went to 15-1 and went to the SB that year.

Last year we all thought we would be the best team in the league and back in the SB, and look what happened.

The NFL stands for Not For Long, don't lose the hope. IJS

11 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

From Panthers.com

"I never lost the connection with the organization," Hurney said. "I've gained a lot of perspective and have looked at things in different ways. I think I can help this team in a lot of areas. I think I've grown. And I feel I'm better prepared to come in this time and do a better job than I did over the 12 years I was general manager last time."

That doesn't sound like a guy content with an interim role. Tell me I'm wrong.

I do not care about football this season until the players can prove me wrong. 

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

Now that all of this has gone on, I'm starting to think it was Richardson that told Gettleman to keep Rivera and Shula too. Maybe DG wanted both of them gone, but the voice upstairs said no because they are both Richardson type coaches. This sh*t is just all fugged up. The future is not good, not at all. It's not even the fact that we fired DG, it's the fact that NO good GM is going to want to take the position for this team knowing he will just get canned if he doesn't sign JR's favorites to big extensions. But who will...............................? You guessed it, Marty fuggin Hurney. He will no doubt become our GM after this season and everything will go back to way things used to be.

And for the people saying Hurney has changed, yeah the fug right. Unless he has gone to talent evaluation school, then his drafts will still fuggin suck. Hurney could NEVER fill out a complete roster. How many times in the past 4 years did we get excited about the bottom half of our team? We would actually get mad if we cut a #5 receiver because we knew Gettleman knew how to complete a roster with so much competition. NEVER did we have that during the Hurney days. This has really dampened the excitement for not only this upcoming season, but for our bleak future too.

Gentleman's rosters had plenty of holes in them too, mainly at the tackle and corner position.  Also last year's receiving group was pretty terrible and very one dimensional possession receivers.

Archived