• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Statement

Jeremy Igo

I am ok with this as long as Hurney isn't allowed to trade any draft picks, or make any picks past the first round.  Nor should he be allowed to negotiate any contracts with any player over the age of 30.   Scratch that, he should not be allowed to negotiate any new contracts, period. 

2 hours ago, klumme said:

Well what did Gettleman do when he made a mistake? That is one if not the biggest difference between him and Hurney.

And yes Gettleman surely make mistakes ind the draft. But he then did something about the poo he made. Hurney did not. 

He had a better record with less than a quarter of the years. If Dave was given 11 years and full control we probably would have had two super bowl wins.  

Just curious...but where do Stew and DWill rank in most guaranteed money ever given to a running back in NFL history as an extension?

I'm guessing that AP signed a contract with bigger guarantees, and maybe DeMarco Murray a few years ago....but I'm not sure.

Edit:  Yup, was scared of what I might find.  Hurney/JR handed out the 2nd and 3rd largest guaranteed extension ever to a runningback.  Only AP was more.

I could be wrong on that, but I don't think so.

If you aren't worried....you should be.

4 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

gettleman's mistakes didn't screw the team up for years is the difference

Bingo. And BTW, no GM or coach hits a home run on every single draft pick. Even Belichick has missed on a lot of them but makes up for it with pure numbers. The guy collects 2nd round picks like people used to collect baseball cards.

Wouldn't be surprised to find out that hurney has had Richardson's ear for a while and sewed some seeds of discontentment re:Gettleman and talked about he'd be nicer. Everything just seems to have happened too suddenly for it not to be the case. 

Archived