• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Coming Back?

KBRed

5 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

That's not the point. If it's not the achilles, it will be something else. His body can't take it anymore...period.

Just keep right on saying this and he'll be back ASAP just to show people like you.

TYIA

6 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

I heard he and Cam got along great and he respects his game. Just look at his comments after he joined Baltimore.

Smith, now with the Baltimore Ravens, was asked if Newton is the same player now as when he came into the league five years ago and the two were teammates.

“He’s not the same guy,” Smith said. “He’s a father now. He’s a guy in his fifth year. He’s playing different. He had to learn the game, just like all of us had to learn the game. When you start to mature you start to see the game in a different light, through a different pair of lenses and that’s what happens and that’s a good thing. If he wasn’t maturing, they wouldn’t be where they are right now. He’s their franchise quarterback. Luke Kuechly is their franchise linebacker and if they continue to put guys around them and continue to make plays, they’re going to be in the hunt year after year.”

3 minutes ago, Bronn said:

That was a year or two later after the release. At first he said he was happy to be able to play with a guy(Flacco) that was better at reading defenses, anticipation and some other things. Im going off a jogged memory but it was something to that sentiment. He would have looked foolish to dog Cam during the 2015 campaign.

I think this whole thing is becoming a tribute to JR. JR's guys all coming back together so he can see them all on the field together before he steps aside. If so, the big cat deserves to see #89 & #90 suited up for him again.

Fans want this. I think Steve does too. He didn't get the send off the city of Charlotte wanted give him. The same goes for Julius. They are the greatest Panthers ever, so far

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

I think this whole thing is becoming a tribute to JR. JR's guys all coming back together so he can see them all on the field together before he steps aside. If so, the big cat deserves to see #89 & #90 suited up for him again.

Fans want this. I think Steve does too. He didn't get the send off the city of Charlotte wanted give him. The same goes for Julius. They are the greatest Panthers ever, so far

Fans want to win....not see an almost 40 year old broke down under sized receiver on the field.

Archived