• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Coming Back?

KBRed

18 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Releasing Smith really helped make Benjamin into the elite WR he is now.

Exactly. Releasing Smith is the only big Gettlemen decision I disagreed with. I never bought into that "89 hinders the development of other players" bullcrap. Even if 89 wouldn't take you under his wing, be a professional and learn by observation from one of the best ever. 

To be fair to Gettlemen, though, I don't think that had much of anything to do with his decision to release Smith; he simply bet wrong on how productive Smith would be at that age. Those of us who had watched every game of 89's career, though, knew not to do that. 

If he did come back, I think he said he'd be suspended for some games for missing drug tests, since he didn't get his paper work in for retirement in time he was supposed to take the tests but didn't because he wasn't playing.  

I'd be interested to see how him and Cam interact considering the reason he was let go was to give full reign to Cam. Will Steve be able to take on a lessor leadership role and become a mentor to only the WR corp as opposed to wearing a C on his jersey? I believe at his age he will be fine with this, but nonetheless, it could be interesting to watch.

6 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

I'd be interested to see how him and Cam interact considering the reason he was let go was to give full reign to Cam. Will Steve be able to take on a lessor leadership role and become a mentor to only the WR corp as opposed to wearing a C on his jersey? I believe at his age he will be fine with this, but nonetheless, it could be interesting to watch.

Smh. Dude it's fake.

SMH

Archived