• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could the reason be as simple as winning the Superbowl this year?

Jeremy Igo

Still pondering things. 

JR is not getting any younger, is 10 years in on a heart transplant which is amazing considering most don't make it that long. 

2017 on paper looks like it could be a special year. Team has more talent on both sides of the ball. Key rookies and free agents added. 

JR could see the finish line in his professional goal of bringing a Lombardi home to the Carolinas. 

Then.... issues emerge. Olsen not happy, wants extended. TD not happy, wants extended. Gettelman not willing to work with them. Bad mojo is starting to set in.... 

So, JR nips it in the bud. He wants to win the Superbowl this year, because next year is not promised to anyone, especially himself as he is already on borrowed time. The team has all the pieces in place now. All they need is team unity, happy players, and some good fortune. 

Could this be a short sighted move that was made to go "all in" on 2017? Could it be as simple as that?

1 minute ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

How is this going to help us win the SB?

Pretty sure Jeremy stated that if you can read. All the pieces are already in place and this move was about keeping the players happy, which may lead to a better on field product.

15 minutes ago, Panther49er said:

Pretty sure Jeremy stated that if you can read. All the pieces are already in place and this move was about keeping the players happy, which may lead to a better on field product.

Do you actually believe that TD and Olsen will phone it in if they don't get paid again? I call BS.

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Yep. The time to go all in was last season..

I respectfully disagree. Had we gone all in last season it still could not have possibly prevented all of the injuries we suffered. Not too mention the number of plays that did not bounce our way that decided quite a few games, i.e. several of Gano's kicks, Cams pick six vs the Chiefs etc. Regardless of the GM situation right now, I still believe this team , this year, have a great opportunity to make a run. The pieces are there, the attitude seems to be there. I'm still hopeful and optimistic for what this season could bring.

when two of your leaders are unhappy about their contracts, it could create distractions in the locker room, especially given the fact everything is public now. 

if olsen and TD wanted new contracts but were denied by DG, the professional way to handle things would be to keep quiet for now and hope something gets done in the future, but the fact they both made it public to the media for the world to know just shows that was not done on accident. 

it's almost as if they were hinting to JR to make a move, and he did. 

this could actually bode well for the team this year. Firing a GM after the draft and after FA won't have many adverse effects, and you can almost make the argument that a happy olsen and a happy TD will lead to more positive leadership in the locker room which will probably translate to better on field production as well. 

Archived