• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman wins Twitter today...

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, Montsta said:

Deangelo, Smitty, and Norman are EXTREMELY petty players. I think history has shown this. Every single one of them got shown the door in no small part because of their own stubbornness and their own egos. 

Olsen and TD have never shown this to be the case, so I have no reason to believe either of these players is anything like the first three. 

What I will say is that negotiations must have taken a very bad turn for Gman to get fired. That's on him. I respect him that he stayed true to his approach until the day he was shown the door. His stubbornness did him in.

Yeah, I didn't include DWill bc his diva-ness is pretty well documented.   But, yes, Norman and Smitty are very much alike in terms of their personas.  I viewed it more as fiery while fueled by ego lol.  And Smitty, I just put him in a different class altogether as he was notoriously petty throughout his entire life...  I never really interpreted Josh that same way, but that's just me.

But, well said...  as I said elsewhere, I think the previous unceremoniously, high-profile dismissals were red flags for JR, and then the last month with the comments from former players that cast the organization in an unflatfering light, combined with the TD and Olsen negotiations going south, all summed up as the final straw for JR.

It is worth noting that IIRC, not only is JR close with TD and Olsen, but he was really close with Smitty throughout his tenure here...  Idk if that's changed since he left, but I have to wonder if the curve Smitty gave to the "retire a Panther" question really played a role in this decision?  

And I reiterate, I'm not a fan of the timing at all and hate we let Beane go, but I'm hoping for the best.

The way Gmans stubborn stances backfired we're his downfall which was fueled by a bargain basement mentality...It started with Smitty , blew up with Norman and ended IMO with the looming disaster of kicking Olsen and Davis to the curb...the pattern was established ...

None of this is surprising and more players are going to come out saying how much they didn't like nor respect him. Gettleman was a pig. Gettleman is the type of guy to run a sex trafficking ring and when he's caught, his excuse is "it's just business". Guys like him should be run out of the NFL. 

Archived