• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman wins Twitter today...

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I get what you're saying but ultimately that reflects poorly on TD and Greg not on DG. Not DG's fault if players are acting like spoiled brats. JR has allowed his players to act like that in his entire career as NFL owner. Smitty is the perfect example.

That's my point. TD and Olsen aren't the types to act like spoiled brats. When you have two stand up guys acting out of character to speak out and then you see all these guys gloating about Dave getting fired, is it really all that difficult to believe that the guy might just be a world class asshole? Now whether or not that should've necessarily got him fired is up for debate and pretty much impossible to argue for or against without more details than we have right now, but I don't think for a second here that Gettleman was a perfect angel here and got blindsided by a senile owner who was taken advantage of by two of the least likely guys in the league to pull such a stunt.

20 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Gentleman won with mostly his players and he did it while digging out of salary cap hell. Not only that, but he probably just had his best draft as a Panther.

Not really most of his players but some. The core players are mostly hurneys. Cap hell survived off of hurney players.. Not calling him a bad GM but some if the players let go should have been kept at least 1 more yr except deangelo williams...he made some bad decisions and hope he learns from them no one is perfect but the way he handled contracts just was not going well.  You have players that were sacrificing renogiaciting to give this team more money to get out of cap hell..its a 2way street he didnt do it on his own..and then he turns right around and give the very players that renegociate the axe or mistreats them..its not right there are better ways to handle exits.

14 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I was just pointing out that there are other instances of this happening. I know how much you hate Gettleman so you have tunnel vision on the whole thing, but it's not a unique situation. 

Gettleman might have been a dick but he got results. Grigson by all accounts was a dick and incompetent. 

The problem is y'all give him too much credit. 

The maturation of Cam Newton and Riverboat is the change

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's my point. TD and Olsen aren't the types to act like spoiled brats. When you have two stand up guys acting out of character to speak out and then you see all these guys gloating about Dave getting fired, is it really all that difficult to believe that the guy might just be a world class asshole? Now whether or not that should've necessarily got him fired is up for debate and pretty much impossible to argue for or against without more details than we have right now, but I don't think for a second here that Gettleman was a perfect angel here and got blindsided by a senile owner who was taken advantage of by two of the least likely guys in the league to pull such a stunt.

No matter what went on behind closed doors, it would reflect more on TD and Greg than on Dave, which is my point. TD and Greg have contracts that they agreed to. They can choose to abide by them and play or not. Those are the two options if they aren't acting like spoiled brats. And no matter how DG responded to requests for extensions or whatever (and I highly doubt it was anything worse than something along the lines of not being willing to pay what they want or think they deserve) it reflects poorly on those two, not DG.

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

The problem is y'all give him too much credit. 

The maturation of Cam Newton and Riverboat is the change?

I think you gave him too little. You always talk about how he did it with Hurney's core. 

Ok fine. I'll give you that. But you know who didn't succeed with Hurney's core? Hurney. We were so top heavy with terrible contracts that we had absolutely no depth in positions of need. Gettleman came in and trimmed the fat. That resulted in 3 trips to the playoffs and 1 super bowl appearance within the first 3 years. Hurney had 3 in the 8 years he was GM, and he wasn't getting better at his job as the years went on.

The FAs Hurney brought in were always crap towards the end of his tenure. Always. Gettleman was a far better talent evaluator and brought guys in who could contribute and produce in our system. They didn't always pan out but they didn't hurt the team for years on end with bad contracts like Hurney made happen. 

The truth is we didn't see any semblance of consistency within our franchise until Gettleman took the reigns.  I'm not sure if you were a fan before Cam Newton, but it was a shitshow. I'm honestly worried we are going to fall back on the olden days where our GM gave out fat contracts that made everyone feel good but hurt the franchise in the long run. Hopefully we get another great talent evaluation guy who is capable of being just as ruthless, just not in as dickish a way. That's the only way I see us getting better. 

And with the void now at GM, we have no one at the top of our franchise to run things, which in itself is concerning. If it's at all possible I would prefer to bring a GM in sooner rather than later just so he can get to evaluating guys for an extra long amount of time as opposed to when everyone else will be hiring new GMs.

I can see Dwill and Smith mouthing off, they aren't on teams. Why Norman though? He's making bank and has another team to worry about.

Josh said he had never been anywhere else but in the Carolinas if I remember correctly I don't think he really wanted to go especially since he grew up in South Carolina went to college in the Carolinas and played for the Carolina Panthers that's his whole life up till yet last year

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

My mom once got brought into an insurance company to "right the ship" so to speak for a risk analysis department that was rampant with jackoffs that were used to coming in, being jackoffs, and getting a check. My wife worked for the same company, but didn't tell people my mom was her mother in law. People HATED my mom for trying to do her job and get their slacking asses in line, all the way until the day she quit because she couldn't deal with coddling everyone anymore. So much so that to this day my wife (who herself doesn't even work there anymore, just casually keeps in contact with former co workers) STILL hears people talk poo about my mom. 

When you have an organization that is filled with so many whiny pussies, it's tough to get results being all business. 

Hopefully JR can bring in some flunky yes man to just do his bidding in a family fun Disneyland atmosphere until he passes away.

This team has no identity or direction.

24 minutes ago, darrybear said:

Josh said he had never been anywhere else but in the Carolinas if I remember correctly I don't think he really wanted to go especially since he grew up in South Carolina went to college in the Carolinas and played for the Carolina Panthers that's his whole life up till yet last year

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

That's fair. It's still odd though. He's getting what 50 mil guaranteed, he got what he wanted ya know.

9 hours ago, The Lobo said:

I can see Dwill and Smith mouthing off, they aren't on teams. Why Norman though? He's making bank and has another team to worry about.

Yes, gettlefans should ask themselves...  why would a player who is still employed on a massive contract feel the need to be petty in this situation?  You don't hear that much in today's game with players concerned with their marketability, employability, and overall brand...  must've been a level of disrespect and/or unprofessionalism that they haven't experienced elsewhere to make it feel personal.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Yes, gettlefans should ask themselves...  why would a player who is still employed on a massive contract feel the need to be petty in this situation?  You don't hear that much in today's game with players concerned with their marketability, employability, and overall brand...  must've been a level of disrespect and/or unprofessionalism that they haven't experienced elsewhere to make it feel personal.

Lmao I'd legit pay money to have seen the smile on your face when you first heard gman got fired. Your grin from ear to ear must have been bigger than the first time you touched a titty. 

Let's hope our next GM is somewhere in between our previous two; not some pushover who coddles a bunch of pussies and not some asshole who makes it his mission to show who is the boss. 

25 minutes ago, Montsta said:

My mom once got brought into an insurance company to "right the ship" so to speak for a risk analysis department that was rampant with jackoffs that were used to coming in, being jackoffs, and getting a check. My wife worked for the same company, but didn't tell people my mom was her mother in law. People HATED my mom for trying to do her job and get their slacking asses in line, all the way until the day she quit because she couldn't deal with coddling everyone anymore. So much so that to this day my wife (who herself doesn't even work there anymore, just casually keeps in contact with former co workers) STILL hears people talk poo about my mom. 

When you have an organization that is filled with so many whiny pussies, it's tough to get results being all business. 

Hopefully JR can bring in some flunky yes man to just do his bidding in a family fun Disneyland atmosphere until he passes away.

This team has no identity or direction.

So, TD, Olsen, and Norman are whiny pussies?

A wise man once told me, if you keep running into problems with everyone because everyone else is an asshole, odds are, you're probably the one being an asshole (figuratively, not you lol).  Players don't often talk on former teams personnel or management in such an unsolicited manner, so for guys who are respected league-wide lioe those mentioned above (and Smitty, although I didnt include him bc I know how you feel about him) to be floating these things out there...  it holds some weight.

1 minute ago, Montsta said:

Lmao I'd legit pay money to have seen the smile on your face when you first heard gman got fired. Your grin from ear to ear must have been bigger than the first time you touched a titty. 

Let's hope our next GM is somewhere in between our previous two; not some pushover who coddles a bunch of pussies and not some asshole who makes it his mission to show who is the boss. 

#Facts, Montsta.  That is the hope.

I wasn't a Hurney guy, but I didn't hate him.  And in all honesty, I didn't hate Gettleman, I just despised the way he handled some of those moves and it left a sour taste in my mouth.  And truthfully, i hadnt been on my phone or computer all day and my friend asked me if i heard about it, lol.  I asked if he was serious because i thiught he read an onion article lol.  I was truly shocked with the timing and am disappointed in that aspect.  But im looking at the positives going forward, as i do feel lioe despite the good decisions he made, his presence carried a cloud with it here.  And i know, that isnt a popular thought, but its hiw i viewed it, and from a lot of the articles ive read throughiut the day, it seems the locker room and front office had felt the same way to a degree.

That being said, I hope we find the guy you described.  A perfect balance between the two previous GMs, but above all, a consistent winner.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

So, TD, Olsen, and Norman are whiny pussies?

A wise man once told me, if you keep running into problems with everyone because everyone else is an asshole, odds are, you're probably the one being an asshole.  Players don't often talk on former teams personnel or management in such an unsolicited manner, so for guys who are respected league-wide lioe those mentioned above (and Smitty, although I didnt include him bc I know how you feel about him) to be floating these things out there...  it holds some weight.

Deangelo, Smitty, and Norman are EXTREMELY petty players. I think history has shown this. Every single one of them got shown the door in no small part because of their own stubbornness and their own egos. 

Olsen and TD have never shown this to be the case, so I have no reason to believe either of these players is anything like the first three. 

What I will say is that negotiations must have taken a very bad turn for Gman to get fired. That's on him. I respect him that he stayed true to his approach until the day he was shown the door. His stubbornness did him in.

Archived