• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman wins Twitter today...

Jeremy Igo

Just now, thomas96 said:

Give me actual examples of others please and I'll consider the point you're trying to make, but I doubt you'll actually find any. Gross and Beason obviously weren't happy with what had to happen but there's nothing that suggests they hate him, they were just victims of the business and they understand that from what we've heard from them. TD and Olsen, extremely unlikely. They may want to be taken care of but just because DG wouldn't (if that's even the case) doesn't mean they hate him, and there's been no indication of it. If there is I'll think about it more, but even still I stand by saying that it's 100% irrelevant to him doing his job. That point you seem to have ignored, even though it is the more important one.

Then why was he fired in mid-July? 

All gettleman followers say we won 3 out of 4 divison titles...but with who players...This year and last yr was mostly gettleman players... bragging on last yr record?  We went into rebuilding mode a yr too early..After seeing how remmers played in the SB gells did nothing but put us  in bigger hole..Yes this yr tells the story after Cam has taken a beating..Im not sad that he is gone nor happy just feel it was a 50/50 call. JR chose to get rid of him before more negative negociations develope... Timing is just right we are pretty much set as a roster..maybe a few free agent signings but its not the end of the world 

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Then why was he fired in mid-July? 

Because we have an incompetent, possibly senile, owner who is meddling in football decisions with absolutely no qualifications or reason to be trusted making those types of decisions.

6 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

All gettleman followers say we won 3 out of 4 divison titles...but with who players...This year and last yr was mostly gettleman players... bragging on last yr record?  We went into rebuilding mode a yr too early..After seeing how remmers played in the SB gells did nothing but put us  in bigger hole..Yes this yr tells the story after Cam has taken a beating..Im not sad that he is gone nor happy just feel it was a 50/50 call. JR chose to get rid of him before more negative negociations develope... Timing is just right we are pretty much set as a roster..maybe a few free agent signings but its not the end of the world 

Gentleman won with mostly his players and he did it while digging out of salary cap hell. Not only that, but he probably just had his best draft as a Panther.

Just now, thomas96 said:

Because we have an incompetent, possibly senile, owner who is meddling in football decisions with absolutely no qualifications or reason to be trusted making those types of decisions.

I'm not saying that I fully agree with the move. I don't. But it's comical watching the crowd who thought Gettleman was infallible getting their panties super wadded up over this.

4 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Yes there is. Ryan Grigson is even more hated. You're talking out of your ass right now, YOU don't seem to understand.

Player reaction to Grigson's firing.

The vast majority of Colts fans also hated him and his moves. Not only was he a dick but he was incompetent. At least Gettleman seemed competent, even if he was a dick.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not saying that I fully agree with the move. I don't. But it's comical watching the crowd who thought Gettleman was infallible getting their panties super wadded up over this.

If you care about the Panthers chances of winning (and as a fan on this board with 12,000 posts I would think you do, quite a bit) then you should be extremely upset with this move.

Just now, thomas96 said:

If you care about the Panthers chances of winning (and as a fan on this board with 12,000 posts I would think you do, quite a bit) then you should be extremely upset with this move.

I'm just confused right now. I'm pissed off, but we don't have enough information right now to know who or what to be pissed off about.

What if the locker room really was about to implode? I don't see TD and Olsen as the types of guys to go public with their displeasure unless they were really pissed off about how things were being handled.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just confused right now. I'm pissed off, but we don't have enough information right now to know who or what to be pissed off about.

What if the locker room really was about to implode? I don't see TD and Olsen as the types of guys to go public with their displeasure unless they were really pissed off about how things were being handled.

I get what you're saying but ultimately that reflects poorly on TD and Greg not on DG. Not DG's fault if players are acting like spoiled brats. JR has allowed his players to act like that in his entire career as NFL owner. Smitty is the perfect example.

Just now, AceBoogie said:

He's fired bruh let it go

I was just pointing out that there are other instances of this happening. I know how much you hate Gettleman so you have tunnel vision on the whole thing, but it's not a unique situation. 

Gettleman might have been a dick but he got results. Grigson by all accounts was a dick and incompetent. 

Archived