• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman wins Twitter today...

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I don't tweet and I don't follow anybody on twitter. Quite frankly, I don't care either. Gentleman is a damn good GM and this does not help the Panthers at all.

You do care, though. You wouldn't be getting mad at these posts the players are making if you didn't care.

Welp. Might be a good GM, but he's not our GM anymore

Just now, AggieLean said:

You do care, though. You wouldn't be getting mad at these posts the players are making if you didn't care.

Welp. Might be a good GM, but he's not our GM anymore

I'm mad because this was a stupid move that hurts the Carolina Panthers. Maybe you can explain how this makes our team better 9 days before TC starts though.

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

One. Don't be condenscending towards me, because I have not been towards you. 

I pointed out you didn't name one thing because you didn't.  That's not condescending, that's factual.

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Two. I wasn't in those meetings. Those players aren't reacting the way they are for no reason. There's gotta be a reason..

OF COURSE there's a reason.  And here's the reason as I see it:

Two people are in a professional relationship where one (the General Manager) has power over the other (the player).  And, as much as many people loooooooooooooove to point out Gettleman's ego, they somehow seem to think that PLAYER egos have no relation to the whole thing.

Professional athletes pretty much have proven they want to win in everything they do.  How do you think they feel, their egos being what they are, when they "lose" in such a way?  And then throw a dash of proven childish immaturity into the toxic stew a la Smith/Williams/Norman.

I just gave you a reason.  Do you approve?

19 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Name one thing DG did that was disrespectful towards any of those players.

Go watch the video of Beason talking about how his trade was handled. A lot of things happen behind the scenes and you can't necessarily catch up on them by watching SportsCenter. You wouldn't see all these guys coming out of the woodwork to gloat if there wasn't reason. You wouldn't see a GM fired out of the blue one season removed from a 15-1 Super Bowl run and on the heels of a draft most people really liked and after adding a key free agent at our biggest position of need. This decision doesn't seem like it was made for football decision related reasons, so then... why was it? It's not all that difficult to draw the lines between the dots and come to the conclusion that Dave was most likely fired for essentially being an asshole.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go watch the video of Beason talking about how his trade was handled. A lot of things happen behind the scenes and you can't necessarily catch up on them by watching SportsCenter. You wouldn't see all these guys coming out of the woodwork to gloat if there wasn't reason. You wouldn't see a GM fired out of the blue one season removed from a 15-1 Super Bowl run and on the heels of a draft most people really liked and after adding a key free agent at our biggest position of need. This decision doesn't seem like it was made for football decision related reasons, so then... why was it? It's not all that difficult to draw the lines between the dots and come to the conclusion that Dave was most likely fired for essentially being an asshole.

I'd rather have bright, intelligent, hard-working, honest, and successful assholes than a bunch of incompetent retards who are nice. JR seems to fall in the latter category.

Let's see we got one guy who was the highest paid CB in the league and another who after he go cut decided that it was time to take his job serious and stop being complacent. Also don't come at me with the "Norman would've signed" bullshit. He could've signed ten times over but chose not too.

I'll give Beason a pass because he was injured and Smitty had to be released so they could hand the keys over to Cam. So outside of doing what's best for the Carolina Panthers football team, what exactly did Gettleman do as a GM that was different than any other GM? I keep hearing the words disrespect and snake but name what he did that any other GM wouldn't do.

5 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I'd rather have bright, intelligent, hard-working, honest, and successful assholes than a bunch of incompetent retards who are nice. JR seems to fall in the latter category.

What if I told you that you didn't necessarily have to choose between successful assholes and incompetent idiots?

I think poo was about to hit the fan with these TD and Olsen situations and Dave was probably being a typical asshole about it and JR stepped in and said, "Nope. Enough. Not this poo again. Start packing. Thomas, Greg... stop. I wasn't talking to you two."

43 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

We understand fully that losers like Smith, Williams, Josh, Bene all hate him. But what you don't seem to understand is that is 100% irrelevant to his job which is building a winning football team, and he's done that better than anyone in the franchise's history and better than the large majority of current GMs.

It's not just them. It's Gross, Beason, most likely TD &a Olsen and who else knows. Seems like the concencus is he wasn't well like. Not one person other than fans on this forum has come out on his defense. Why you think that is?

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

It's not just them. It's Gross, Beason, most likely TD &a Olsen and who else knows. Seems like the concencus is he wasn't well like. Not one person other than fans on this forum has come out on his defense. Why you think that is?

Give me actual examples of others please and I'll consider the point you're trying to make, but I doubt you'll actually find any. Gross and Beason obviously weren't happy with what had to happen but there's nothing that suggests they hate him, they were just victims of the business and they understand that from what we've heard from them. TD and Olsen, extremely unlikely. They may want to be taken care of but just because DG wouldn't (if that's even the case) doesn't mean they hate him, and there's been no indication of it. If there is I'll think about it more, but even still I stand by saying that it's 100% irrelevant to him doing his job. That point you seem to have ignored, even though it is the more important one.

Archived