• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooo... Steve Smith is choosing his retirement date now... right?

Jeremy Igo

27 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

One has to think ole Smitty will be at BoA for the season opener to retire a Panther now. Would go a long way to making fans happy. 

I heard a rumor smitty wouldn't retire a Panther until DG was fired... way to put team first...

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

IF Smitty comes back, he is facing suspension fwiw.

I don't know if he could play here again, but he damn sure better be there sometime this season... on the sideline.

Hell, I'd let Smitty be GM...

Yea I don't think a lot of people realize about his suspension due to missing drug tests right before retirement 

3 hours ago, Saca312 said:

In a perfect world, Steve Smith announces he's out of retirement and signing a one year deal with the Panthers for our only Superbowl shot under Cam, then getting a rightful retirement ceremony afterwards.

Wishful thinking to make me feel something for this upcoming season and future of the franchise.

It's going to be our only shot. Back to Salary Cap purgatory and shoddy scouting we go. Drafting the likes of McClain and Fua instead of guys like Star and KK; Armanti Edwards (love the guy) instead of a Curtis Samuel.....

fug 

8 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

Yea I don't think a lot of people realize about his suspension due to missing drug tests right before retirement 

Ok. I'll take all I can get from that guy. I'd take half a season. The half that matters. 

And, yes, he CAN still play.

Archived