• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers fire Dave Gettleman - A few thoughts

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Some brewing issues between Jerry and Gettleman according to NFL Net. Those included Benjamin contract and diminished playing time for TD

12:58 PM - 17 Jul 2017 from Charlotte, NC

Are they referencing the 5th year option that was applied to KB, or the fact that DG wanted to extend him, and JR didn't?

I don't understand that statement at all.

The move is mind boggling because why wait until now to fire your GM. Jerry Richardson has always been too slow on making important decisions. It's like it takes years and years for them to realize that their a such thing as an offensive side to football.

13 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Just came here to gloat, laugh, and soak up all the Gettletears.  Best of luck, GMan.  And remember, it's always business, never personal.  LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I love how petty this comment is.

Gettleman did a good job getting us out of cap hell.  Can a new GM extend Olsen and TD and still offer a new contract for Star, Norwell, and Turner ?  I sure hope so !  Being in charge dosen't  make many friends

Well I feel vindicated in a sense. I've bashed this dude for each boneheaded move he made. I even sold my PSL's after a 15-1 team crumbled to having the 8th overall pick. I know this isn't popular opinion on here but I already took plenty of heat on here for calling him out over the years.

Well I feel vindicated in a sense. I've bashed this dude for each boneheaded move he made. I even sold my PSL's after a 15-1 team crumbled to having the 8th overall pick. I know this isn't popular opinion on here but I already took plenty of heat on here for calling him out over the years.

They won the division 3 years in a row while GMan was here....

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

So Beane hired Gettleman within an hour of the news breaking. I don't think we have to worry about getting a new GM,  we need to take the time to do it right. This would seem a dream job for  a GM to inherit. The problem for me is whether the coaching staff feels secure given the GM could make wholesale changes. Hopefully the new guy follows in the same plan we had in place. 

Archived