• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who will lead the 2nd unit: Lamb or Frank??

bLACKpANTHER

Let's start with Lamb - The biggest enigma on the roster:

Is he good - is he reliable?? We pretty much know what we can get from Kemba, even Batum. The rest of the backcourt can't be heavily relied on to get Buckets.

- I expect Monk to contribute but won't depend on him in clutch minutes or be the primary scorer on the floor.

- MCW has never been a light up the scoreboard PG.

- My expectations for Bacon are down the road too.

But over the past 3 years Lamb has improved:

+2.5ppg +1.5rpg between 2015-16

+1.0ppg +0.5rpg between 2016-17

Nuthin to write home about - but if he can finally take a step to come in on the 2nd unit and be able to get 12-14ppg and be the primary guy with Frank playing stretch 4. Zeller patrolling the paint. You know - Lamb could be the biggest benefactor to the MCW signing too. But like i said, if he can come in and avg close to .375% from 3pt range - he and our 2nd unit could really relieve some pressure from Kemba always having to go bonkers for us to be competitive.

In the end, I say Don't hold your breath but I can envision him taking a bigger role. Sessions was very ball dominant and just didn't have the juice last year.

Nowb It's easier to see Frank making a bit of a step up. He improved +4.0ppg +0.5rpg +1.0apg between his rookie and sophomore year. Look for his shooting percentage to increase down low since he will be playing with a legit center, Zeller instead of Hawes.

Expecting Lamb and Frank to average around 23ppg combined. Throw in 15ppg from Zeller, Monk and MCW. That's 38ppg - would put us in the Top 10 bench scoring teams according to 2016 stats. That seems SO doable. Frank and Lamb are key in that happening though.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived