• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers training camp Q&A

Jeremy Igo

On 7/22/2017 at 6:25 AM, RoaringRiot said:

Hey @Panthers_Lover couple  questions....

1) any rules to what kind of vehicles are allowed in the TC parking area? Specifically, can I bring a RV?

2) Any rules prohibiting tailgating before a practice in the parking area?

I'll check on RVs, but I think they're probably fine. Tailgating as well should be fine. They'll pack vehicles in, so you may not have a load of space.

On 7/22/2017 at 6:25 AM, RoaringRiot said:

Hey @Panthers_Lover couple  questions....

1) any rules to what kind of vehicles are allowed in the TC parking area? Specifically, can I bring a RV?

2) Any rules prohibiting tailgating before a practice in the parking area?

I need clarification. You weren't talking about staying overnight in an RV, were you? No, that wouldn't be allowed.

14 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Oh no. But if I pull in the parking lot driving a RV is that ok?

You should be fine. They may direct you to a different location, depending on how cars are being parked. Just don't tell them I said it was OK! Ha!! (The truly best thing would be to park it at the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium and take the shuttle bus in, but I know that's not what you want to do.)

47 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Most important question @Panthers_Lover....which Bojangles is closest?

Probably Asheville Highway near Hearon Circle. From Wofford, take North Church Street/US 221/US 176 north. Where US 221 bears right, continue straight on Asheville Highway/176. It will be about 3 miles on your left, before you get to Hearon Circle at I-85 Business Loop.

If you're on Business I-85, get off at Hearon Circle and go toward Spartanburg. It will be on your right.

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Damn, missed these. KK's the way to go. Just seemed to be fresher there. When are you going? I may try next week. Seems like it might be a calmer work week.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I'll be there Wed, Thurs, Sat, and Sun this week. Don't have next week set yet. Start breakfast at Bo's on Sat. 

This will be our first year attending training camp this Saturday. We've always gone to fan fest and the last 2 years were not enjoyable for us at all. I am happy to see the fan base grow, but miss the days of being able to go out on the field to play games with the kids and try to kick field goals. 

If we want our 11 year old to be able to get a few autographs and see some of her favorites up close, is 8:30 early enough to get there or should we go sooner? We will be staying in Spartanburg Friday night so we can get there asap. 

21 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Honestly? It is early enough to get a decent, not great spot. My sons and I got a lot of autographs and saw everyone up close. First, be ready for lots of players, including the stars (aside from Luke), to not sign at all. Second, if you wanted to guarantee more autographs, get there when it opens. Way less people and you will see people run to get setup at the front of the fence where they come out. Also, you have to camp there all day to get people on the way back in and while they sign a little bit before practice if they come out early (if they don't, no chance they sign before), after practice is the biggest signature time. If you don't stay at the fence, you won't have a spot after practice. We didn't stay on day 1 and of course Cam barely signed but did for 1 lady right where we were. He didn't sign anything the next day. Day 2 we wanted to make sure we got autographs, so I setup 2 chairs and we rotated watching practice so we always had someone manning the chairs to keep our spot. Worked like a charm, but you definitely miss a lot of the practice because the good spots aren't anywhere near where you can watch.

Thanks for the tips! What time do they open up for fans to come in? 

Archived