• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers training camp Q&A

Jeremy Igo

11 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Last year I went one day at the end of camp.  Parked in one of the shuttle lots and took the bus.  Easy, free, friendly folks... definitely a good option, assuming they keep the same shuttle set up as last year.  A plus, the shuttle lot was right across the street from Krispy Kreme.  Win-Win!

Based on parking instructions on Panthers website, there will be shuttles again this year.  

52 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Hey dont you live in england?

I live and work in West African most of the year, but whenever I'm in the US, I'm based in CLT.  I was in the States last August, and I'm actually back again this month.   I'm hoping I might make one training camp trip before I fly  back to Africa Aug 5th...

31 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I live and work in West African most of the year, but whenever I'm in the US, I'm based in CLT.  I was in the States last August, and I'm actually back again this month.   I'm hoping I might make one training camp trip before I fly  back to Africa Aug 5th...

Damn. Can i have a job?

What are some other dining options other than the Beacon? 

I always seem to end up there, but would like to try someplace different this year.  Preferably someplace local with a little character, not some chain I can go to anywhere.

I always seem to end up there, but would like to try someplace different this year.  Preferably someplace local with a little character, not some chain I can go to anywhere.

Wade's is right across the street from camp and is awesome. So much better than the beacon. Smorgasbord type place with really good food.

9 hours ago, KB_fan said:

What kind of work do you do?

7 hours ago, Woodie said:

There is a new restaurant called The Standard at Drayton Mills Marketplace.  It is not far from Wofford.  Drayton Mills is a revitalized textile mill property.  The Marketplace tenants - so far -opened this spring.  Also a coffee shop is there - Bella Latte.  Down the street is Pig Out BBQ #2.  There are websites/facebook pages.  All on Drayton Rd.  Also Ike's Korner Grill on Archer Rd.  All of these are a few miles from Wofford and all local.  A lot closer to training camp than the Beacon.  I live in this area of Spartanburg. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Wade's is right across the street from camp and is awesome. So much better than the beacon. Smorgasbord type place with really good food.

Wade's is best place if want meat & three or vegetable plate.  I grew up on Wade's mashed potatoes and gravy!  :)   Peanut butter pie - yummy.  Closest thing I can get to my Mom's cooking.

Probably a good idea.  I'm not sure what your kids are like, but at 4 my kid was miserable in the blistering heat watching what (I think) is really an event for hardcore fans. 

Agree. Most kids do not watch the practice at all. They get bored. They run around and play football. They really only care about the autographs, which is understandable.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

14 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

Dad (@Superadiabatic) and I want to try to attend a practice, but he wont be down from Pennsylvania until the Eclipse in August. i know training camp will be over by that time, but can fans attend the practices in Charlotte afterward? 

i know this is technically not a TC question but i would be very appreciative if someone could let me know. 

Kind of....you can't stand on the field and watch like you do at Training Camp. You can show up, watch them walk in, its actually a better chance of getting autographs bc there are less people there.

I'm pretty sure you can watch through the fence, etc, but I think only media and team are allowed on the field inside the gates for practices.

12 minutes ago, boo7382 said:

Kind of....you can't stand on the field and watch like you do at Training Camp. You can show up, watch them walk in, its actually a better chance of getting autographs bc there are less people there.

I'm pretty sure you can watch through the fence, etc, but I think only media and team are allowed on the field inside the gates for practices.

works for me. what time are practices usually at?

Archived