• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers training camp Q&A

Jeremy Igo

Thanks for creating this.  The last time I went to Wofford was mid-week when Jimmy Clausen and new rookie Cam where " competing" for the starting job.

My kids are 3 and 5 years old. Are there events that they can enjoy?

Are there specific days that are better for young children?

I see practices are usually about 2 hours in the morning. Are there events going on during practice?  What about when practice ends, what other events are going on?

What are some best practices for obtaining autographs?  (For the kids, not me of course)

19 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

Thanks for creating this.  The last time I went to Wofford was mid-week when Jimmy Clausen and new rookie Cam where " competing" for the starting job.

I see practices are usually about 2 hours in the morning. Are there events going on during practice?  What about when practice ends, what other events are going on?

What are some best practices for obtaining autographs?  (For the kids, not me of course)

The kids aren't old enough to be Panthers Pals and get on the field yet. That starts at age 6. There is an area the kids can play but you really can't see practice from there. 

Honestly, I wouldn't take really young kids. Way too hot, although it would definitely help you get autographs. 

The best place for autographs is along the fence as close to where the players enter and exit as possible. Those spots fill up early though, both before practice and people even skip a large portion of practice to line up there for the post practice autographs. 

I don't know of any events after or before practice. 

35 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

I took my son when he was 4....not recommended.  

37 minutes ago, WilmyWood said:

I took my son when he was 4....not recommended.  

51 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The kids aren't old enough to be Panthers Pals and get on the field yet. That starts at age 6. There is an area the kids can play but you really can't see practice from there. 

Honestly, I wouldn't take really young kids. Way too hot

*cancels hotel reservation*

2 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

*cancels hotel reservation*

Probably a good idea.  I'm not sure what your kids are like, but at 4 my kid was miserable in the blistering heat watching what (I think) is really an event for hardcore fans. 

A few simple questions..

I noticed the vast majority of practice times are in the morning according to panthers.com. Does it still feel like the weight of the sun is pushing down on you during that period? Are we allowed to bring some sort of beach umbrella for shade or just tough it out? I don't see anywhere that says they prohibit certain items like the stadium page. 

A few simple questions..
I noticed the vast majority of practice times are in the morning according to panthers.com. Does it still feel like the weight of the sun is pushing down on you during that period? Are we allowed to bring some sort of beach umbrella for shade or just tough it out? I don't see anywhere that says they prohibit certain items like the stadium page. 

In a word, yes.

By 10 o'clock the hill is in full sun and you want to die. Bring a shade umbrella. Seriously. It is a must have.

4 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Is parking hard to come by? Plenty or packed to the brim? 

Thanks

I definitely had an issue when I went.  We arrived not long before start time and had to drive around the local neighborhoods to find a spot.  Might be worth arriving a half hour to hour prior to start to avoid that.  

Archived