• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tell Me Which One Means More To You

beastson

I wish I was the guy that threw the cup at Steve Young.

There isn't a bigger pile of self-absorbed sh*t on the face of this f*cking planet.

He is a Panthers Hater and has been forever.

Young is legitimately very smart. Unfortunately, sometimes he goes off on tangents where all he's really saying is "hey everybody, look how smart I am" :rolleyes:

My personal favorite moment was the interview with Steve Smith. At the end of it, Young thought he was being funny (he really shouldn't try) when someone quoted Smith's stats on the game, Young yelled out "...and he wasn't even trying!" :eek:

Smith not only didn't laugh. The look he gave Young probably killed his cat :mad:

(don't even joke about Smitty not trying) :out:

I wish I was the guy that threw the cup at Steve Young.

There isn't a bigger pile of self-absorbed sh*t on the face of this f*cking planet.

He is a Panthers Hater and has been forever.

Yea looking at the Bucs post game, it was like... I'm not picking them to go to the Superbowl even though they're good

Steve Young hates us

Ah, sorry I missed that.

Like others, I think Steve was complimenting Smith's natural ability more than he was disparaging the way in which we use him. I'm sure he doesn't expect us to make the switch to a west coast offense just to get more from our wide receiver. He was showcasing what Smith has done with fewer recpetions than many other receivers in the league, just as Williams is in the top five in most categories despite not placing in the top ten in carries (and splitting carries with Stewart, who's having a great rookie year).

One thing you have to remember is that Young was a West Coast QB. All of his offensive analysis passes through that filter.

(wonder how he'd feel about my belief that all West Coast QBs are overrated by nature) :lol:

Young is a smart guy, but only a good, not great, analyst. Jaworski is miles ahead of him in that regard.

young is basically jealous,not a bad thing.

when you have a hof qb who threw to probably the G.O.A.T wr in jerry rice,basically salivating over smith,i think that speaks volumes.

young loved smith but didn't like jakes performance,probably felt he could out performed jake that night,maybe he had some pads off the set who knows.

the man gave smith compliments i probably would have gave him if i was star struck.even if he was trying to hard it's nice to have a HOFer give props to a player on your team.

Archived