• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Analysis: WR/RB Curtis Samuel - A Playmaker Who Happens To Be A Speedster; Why He'll Also Make An Immediate Impact

Saca312

He reminds me of Antonio Brown with the moxie, speed and just talent.  What a pick.  And Sac is my hero, greatest posts I have seen.  Amazing analysis.  Thank you.

One thing that keeps coming to me is this guy was on a team full of amazing athletes and he was to a man the most explosive.  If he concentrates on 1 position?  Damn.

I wonder who will make the bigger impact between Samual and CMC.  I think CMC is a better immediate fit for our offense, but he's going to split time with Stewart in the backfield.  I don't see Samuel taking reps from anyone, he's decidedly a new wrinkle.

1 hour ago, Cyberjag said:

I wonder who will make the bigger impact between Samual and CMC.  I think CMC is a better immediate fit for our offense, but he's going to split time with Stewart in the backfield.  I don't see Samuel taking reps from anyone, he's decidedly a new wrinkle.

Good point. Samuel's pretty much got the starting slot job, so he'll be seeing a lot of reps. 

He's a very underrated impact player for us.

On 7/11/2017 at 1:16 PM, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Honestly though, I'm not so sure CMC wasn't the best slot receiver in the draft. 

That reminds me of a quote from another analyst who studied Samuel:

If you give an explosive athlete like Samuel room, you’re asking for it. Most of his routes came in the slot so he had a 2 way go. The results were not in favor of the defense. Layering moves at full speed when you can go both directions is a skill that few have. Samuel is one of the few that possess this trait.

It’s why I believe he’s the best slot receiver in the draft.

Well that's a lot of high praise. I can't wait for him to get on the field tbh.

16 hours ago, Saca312 said:

That reminds me of a quote from another analyst who studied Samuel:

Well that's a lot of high praise. I can't wait for him to get on the field tbh.

IDK. Until he proves he has hands like CMC, I'm still a tad skeptical. I know he had a low drop ratio, but he has never had to catch a Cam Newton bullet either. I still love this pick though and I can't wait to see what Samuel can do with the pads on.

• 1 month later...

Two nights ago showed more examples of Samuel in the short game. While by design, it also showed what I've been saying in theory: that Curtis Samuel is effective in such game.

While I've been saying Curtis can handle that for some time, I will agree the sample size from college was small. It was something I secretly wanted to see, and Curtis passed with flying colors.

You guys thought the McCaffrey hype was through the roof. Wait until you see Samuel.

16 minutes ago, bull123 said:

He's a rookie with no camp time...can't see him making a big impact early in the season

Well hindsight yeah his impact may not be immediate. This post was made weeks before camp. But point remains he has a lot of talent and potential in this league.

Archived