• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kemba brought MCW to Charlotte

bLACKpANTHER

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article159792574.html

Walker said he took the initiative to sell everyone – the front office, the coaching staff and Carter-Williams – on what a good fit this could be.

“I’m the one who got that deal done,” Walker said after an appearance at the Hornets’ summer basketball camp at Charlotte Latin. “I’m the one who called Jeff, I’m the one who talked to MCW. I spoke to everybody - MJ (owner Michael Jordan), Rich (Cho, the general manager).

“Why wouldn’t you want a guy who was rookie of the year? He’s 6-6. I’ve played against him over the years, and I think he’s a really special talent.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

terrell-owens-thats-my-point-guard.jpg

11 hours ago, yasuhara2241 said:

This is a good sign for the Hornets. It shows Kemba that as an organization we respect his opinion as leader of the team. This might help us when we renegotiate his contact.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

That's what I felt was really revealing and something I appreciate. You can't let the players determine the roster but their opinions  should count. 

On 7/6/2017 at 10:43 PM, Manos said:

I hope MCW pans out for us I am just worried about him and MKG ever being on the floor at the same time, the spacing will be non existent unless one or both figures out how to hit a 3 during the offseason.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I don't think we will see much of the MCW & MKG lineup except if we are up and trying to keep a lead. Now, let's not fool ourselves their shooting is awful but both can drive to the basket and finish. 

PG: Kemba SG: MCW SF: Batum PF: MKG C: Zeller

Now having Howard would make our defense better, but I think Zeller would be playing down the stretch due to FT%. This lineup would be quite good defensively especially against the increasingly present small lineups. 

Now if we need scoring at the end: Kemba, Monk, Batum, Frank, Zeller

The leaguewide obsession with the 3 has really changed the dynamic of player valuation. No way a player like MCW would be available even 5 years ago for the price we got him on. The only way to exploit the strategy is to put together a squad of big, tough, perimeter defenders and guys who can just beat you to the basket time after time. I'm tired of hearing about MCW taking threes. That's not his game. It would be nice if he had a shot, but like I said elsewhere if he had a shot he'd be on a max deal. Let's be real, we're not going to out-talent anyone. We have to outwork teams if we're going to be competitive. Play with dedication to the system and hustle. MCW does those things. His three point production is about as pointless as Jerome Bettis' 40 time. 

With how well Lamb played to end the season, I could see him playing some 3 in a lineup or of course Batum.  

Also, the 2 is going to be filled by Batum, Monk, and Lamb so I don't see us using substantial minutes with MCW there.  

MCW-Monk-Lamb/Batum-Zeller-Frank presents a pretty interesting package.  

Archived